Manufacturing expertise, adding value to defence supply chains for over 40 years.
Filtronic has the capability, experience, and expertise to design and manufacture high-performance RF products at microwave and mmWave frequencies. We are equally adept at manufacturing to a customer’s specifications as we are at designing and manufacturing our own high-performance products. Alternatively, we enjoy collaborating with our clients, combining their core competencies with ours to optimise their original design.
We boast a state-of-the-art production capability that offers an entire range of hybrid assembly services, including microwave and mmWave device packaging. Our services encompass low-void die attach, precise component placement, fully automated wire and ribbon bonding with deep-access multi-level capability, hermetic sealing, and automated testing up to 90GHz and beyond. We are confident in our ability to deliver to the highest standards, consistently exceeding expectations.
Partnering with Filtronic as a second source can help you meet the challenges of ramping up production without compromising on quality. With a several significant recent investments in our assembly and test lines, we now boast one of the best facilities of it’s kind in the UK.
Dual sourcing has many well-documented benefits, among them the potential for faster lead times, scalability, and more consistent supply. There can also be advantages if a company with a broad product and technology base can draw on the specialised expertise of a contractor.
At Filtronic we are a vertically integrated manufacturer, with in-house capabilities and expertise across design, manufacturing and testing. including:
- RF system engineers
- MMIC specialists
- Filter specialists
- Electronic and PCB layout designers
- Mechanical design
- Process engineers
- Software and firmware experts
Featured products for aerospace & defence
Switched filter banks
Transmit and receive modules
Popular news, articles and white papers
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- Filtronic releases highest power (>20W), commercially available E-band solid-state power amplifier (SSPA) on the market
- UK RF manufacturer contributes to ‘fibre-in-the-sky’ low Earth orbit network
- Hercules takes off in markets with a need for speed.
- Filtronic strengthens sales partner network
- Scaling up semiconductor manufacturing for new-space applications
- RF technology leader adds new service to portfolio
- Filtronic secures second ESA project in six months.
- Filtronic wins the Innovative Supplier Collaboration Award by Leonardo
- 48 port Tower Top Amplifier expands “best in class” Critical Communications solution.
- RF specialist selected for Defence Technology Exploitation Programme.
- Filtronic win major contract with European Space Agency’s ARTES programme.
- Filtronic continues penetration of Low Earth Orbit market, with new contract win.
- Empowering 5G mobile backhaul with spectral efficiency.
- Filtronic Management Accountant Tim Hargreaves achieves global top 10 result in CIMA exam.
- Breakthrough E-Band amplifier redefines wireless SatCom ground station communications.
- Filtronic welcomes Department for Science, Innovation and Technology (DSIT) Minister to its award-winning facility.
- Cutting-edge mmWave solutions at European Microwave Exhibition.
- New E-band products push performance barriers even further.
- Unleashing unparalleled performance in E-Band communications.