Lumped element technology is commonly used in applications where small size is required, especially at lower frequencies where transmission line devices might be excessively large. Both narrowband and broadband designs are available in high pass, low pass, band pass, band stop and multiplexer form.
Lumped element filters are passive filters constructed to meet the specific filtering needs of a particular application using the appropriate number of inductors, capacitors and resistors. Lumped element filters work particularly well with lower frequencies where transmission line devices might be excessively large and for applications where small size is required.
Lumped element filters key facts
- Ideal for moderate to very wide bandwidths
- Versatile topologies and multiple frequency bands
- Perfect for applications where size and weight is important.
- Can be designed for challenging environmental conditions such as high shock and vibration.
Lumped element filters features
- Compact design
- Narrowband and broadband designs are available
- High pass, low pass, band pass, band stop and multiplexer form
- Gain/slope equalizers
Get a quotation or ask a question
Get in touch and a member of our technical sales team will be able to give you a personalised quotation
We understand filter topology and can work with the perfect technology for each challenge, while offering rapid prototyping and reduced development cycles.
Lumped element technology is commonly used in applications where small size is required, especially at lower frequencies where transmission line devices might be excessively large.
Both narrowband and broadband designs are available in high pass, low pass, band pass, band stop and multiplexer form. Various filter prototypes are used combining capacitive or inductive coupling to produce asymmetric or symmetric responses.
Filtronic pays particular attention to the selection of components and the design of the housing so that parasitic resonances and waveguide modes are suppressed to ensure broad, spurious free stopbands.
Popular news, articles and white papers
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- Filtronic cements position in LEO market with a new follow-on contract for Cerus 32
- Filtronic awarded £4.5 million contract with BAE Systems
- Filtronic wins a new radar contract from Defence Prime
- Filtronic strengthens its position within the E-band low Earth orbit market with second-generation Cerus 32 power module
- Filtronic releases highest power (>20W), commercially available E-band solid-state power amplifier (SSPA) on the market
- Filtronic wins “Manufacturer of the Year” at the prestigious annual Elektra Awards
- UK RF manufacturer contributes to ‘fibre-in-the-sky’ low Earth orbit network
- Hercules takes off in markets with a need for speed.
- Scaling up semiconductor manufacturing for new-space applications
- Filtronic secures second ESA project in six months.
- Filtronic win major contract with European Space Agency’s ARTES programme.
- Filtronic strengthens sales partner network
- RF technology leader adds new service to portfolio
- Filtronic wins the Innovative Supplier Collaboration Award by Leonardo
- RF specialist selected for Defence Technology Exploitation Programme.
- Designing for the future
- A close shave: 5G to the rescue
- 48 port tower top amplifier expands “best in class” critical communications solution.
- Filtronic continues penetration of Low Earth Orbit market, with new contract win.