GaN technology offers significant performance advantages in the application of point-to-point microwave and backhaul transceivers.
GaN amplifiers use Gallium Nitride, a semiconductor material that has unique high-frequency and high-power characteristics, capable of operating at high temperatures without increasing size and weight. Filtronic’s GaN power amplifiers offer very high RF power of above 50W, while providing excellent efficiency and superior linearity. Integrated coupled RF output enables pre-distortion and power detection. Our GaN based amplifier solutions offer performance advantages in the application of point-to-point microwave transceivers, as well as for phased array antennas.
GaN amplifiers key facts
- Ultra-compact GaN amplifier
- For point-to-point microwave and backhaul
- A range of extremely compact, high-efficiency amplifier modules based on our proprietary GaN power FET technology
GaN amplifiers features
- Operating Across Full L6 band (5.725-6.450GHz) and U6 band (6.40-7.125GHz)
- Proprietary GaN FETs and Advanced Machining Delivering Best in Class Efficiency
- RF Feedback Port For Predistortion Allows Further Improvement in Linearity
- Direct Gate and Drain Control for Envelop Tracking, Allowing Further Efficiency Improvement
- Integrated Temperature Sensor
- Very Small Form Factor, 65mm x 36mm x 15mm
- SMA Connectors For Simplified Radio Insertion
Get a quotation or ask a question
Get in touch and a member of our technical sales team will be able to give you a personalised quotation
Filtronic GaN amplifiers are manufactured using our in-house high-reliability chip and wire assembly processes. Our GaN power amplifiers offer very high RF power of above 50W, while providing excellent efficiency and superior linearity. Integrated coupled RF output enables pre-distortion and power detection.
High-power gallium nitride (GaN) devices are becoming increasingly prevalent in the transmit chain of phased array antennas, not only for radar but more recently also for 5G active antennas. Although still sometimes considered a ‘new technology’ GaN has already been used extensively for both military and commercial applications, and yet still has considerable potential to extend into the mmWave region.
Utilising our expertise and years of experience in design and manufacturing of high-frequency products, Filtronic has developed a family of extremely compact, high-efficiency amplifier modules based on our proprietary GaN power FET technology.
Filtronic amplifiers suit multiple applications including RF testing – where high efficiency, high output power and linearity are the key requirements.
Please contact us to enquire about the existing product range or if you would like Filtronic to quote to design and manufacture a product solution.
Popular news, articles and white papers
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- Filtronic releases highest power (>20W), commercially available E-band solid-state power amplifier (SSPA) on the market
- UK RF manufacturer contributes to ‘fibre-in-the-sky’ low Earth orbit network
- Hercules takes off in markets with a need for speed.
- Filtronic strengthens sales partner network
- Scaling up semiconductor manufacturing for new-space applications
- RF technology leader adds new service to portfolio
- Filtronic secures second ESA project in six months.
- Filtronic wins the Innovative Supplier Collaboration Award by Leonardo
- 48 port Tower Top Amplifier expands “best in class” Critical Communications solution.
- RF specialist selected for Defence Technology Exploitation Programme.
- Filtronic win major contract with European Space Agency’s ARTES programme.
- Filtronic continues penetration of Low Earth Orbit market, with new contract win.
- Empowering 5G mobile backhaul with spectral efficiency.
- Filtronic Management Accountant Tim Hargreaves achieves global top 10 result in CIMA exam.
- Breakthrough E-Band amplifier redefines wireless SatCom ground station communications.
- Filtronic welcomes Department for Science, Innovation and Technology (DSIT) Minister to its award-winning facility.
- Cutting-edge mmWave solutions at European Microwave Exhibition.
- New E-band products push performance barriers even further.
- Unleashing unparalleled performance in E-Band communications.