Environmental, Social and Governance
At Filtronic we have developed an ESG and sustainability strategy that works in unison with our corporate goal to create value for our customers through technology leadership. The aim of the strategy is simple. Filtronic will focus on deliverable ESG goals aligned with our corporate strategic targets.
To download our ESG strategy click here
Our vision and commitment on ESG
Operating our business in a way that cares for the environment and people has never been more important than it is today. The
world is facing significant environmental and social challenges with climate change, environmental destruction, energy availability and increased costs of living.
As a designer and manufacturer of RF technology equipment we are proud of our role in enabling wireless communications. This has provided the world with many benefits including reduced travel needs and the enabling remote working whilst providing social benefits of improved communications with our family and friends. However, we recognise that we have a part to play in helping to tackle the challenges facing the planet and its people today.
Our ESG framework focuses on:
- A sustainable business plan
- A sustainable organisation plan
- A sustainable climate and waste plan
- An ethical and values based approach to everything we do
Sustainable Development Goals
At Filtronic we are advocates for responsible, sustainable working practices. We are focused on climate-related risks and work together with customers, suppliers, and the local communities on which our operations impact, striving to deliver a more sustainable future.
The 2030 agenda for sustainable development, adopted by all United Nations member states in 2015, provides a shared blueprint, recognised globally. At its heart are 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs), which are an urgent call for action by all countries. As a company we have looked at the SDGs and aligned ourselves to thirteen, where we feel we can make the largest impact. Each goal has an associated objective, which in turn has corporate targets, driven by our ESG leadership team.
- Minimise the environmental impacts of our own activities and reduce our energy usage per £ of revenue generated (reducing carbon intensity whilst supporting growth)
- Improve our use of sustainable resources by operational site
- Reduce paper and packaging waste
- Focus on our work to meet Scope 1 and 2 Greenhouse Gas (“GHG”) Emissions of Net Zero
- Actively promote equality, diversity and inclusion (“EDI”) in the workplace and encourage greater gender power balance
- Provide a great place to work for our employees enabling them to learn and develop, creating professional opportunities
- Engage with our employees, keep them informed and pay fair salaries
- Support STEM initiatives in the local community and provide quality employment for young people through apprenticeships and graduate recruitment
- Provide a robust cyber security framework protecting the data we hold
- Comply with export control requirements
- Maintain strong and enforced policies and procedures and promote a strong code of conduct and ethical behaviour in our business