Filtronic’s range of Hades Active Diplexers enable original equipment manufacturers (OEM's) to reduce the cost of their E-band radios whilst significantly increasing RF performance.
E-Band diplexers are designed for use in the transceivers of point to point wireless communication systems, operating over 71 – 76GHz and 81 – 86GHz bands. Our new Hades range of active diplexers are designed to enable original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to manufacture cost-effective E-band radios with significantly increased RF performance, for use in military or commercial telecommunications applications, including airborne and High Altitude Platform Systems (HAPS). Hades offers a range of configurable options integrating high power amplifiers (PAs) and low-noise amplifiers (LNAs), thus reducing size and weight compared with discrete components. Their low overall SWAP (size, weight, and power) makes them ideal for airborne and HAPS applications.
Hades key facts
- 71-76GHz and 81-86Gz High Power Amplifiers
- A range of configurable options integrating high power amplifiers (PAs) and low-noise amplifiers (LNAs), thus reducing size and weight compared with discrete components.
- Specified to integrate either GaAs or InP amplifiers as required, in either or both of the Tx and Rx chains.
Get a quotation or ask a question
Get in touch and a member of our technical sales team will be able to give you a personalised quotation
- Tx Saturated powers up to >+30dBm
- Rx NF <4dB
- High linearity supports 1024QAM modulation
- Wide 5GHz bandwidth
- Configurable gain options
- Suitable for commercial or military applications
- Improved SWAP for airborne & HAPS applications
Filtronic’s range of Hades Active Diplexers enable original equipment manufacturers (OEM’s) to reduce the cost of their E-band radios whilst significantly increasing RF performance.
Our Active Diplexers incorporate a configurable range of GaAs PAs & LNAs within an E-Band diplexer, maximising performance whilst reducing size and weight.
Active diplexers can be used in conjunction with a wide range of commercially available off the shelf (COTS) SMT compatible packaged GaAs or SiGe up and down converter solutions to boost performance beyond that achievable with surface mount products. This allows our customers to deploy configurable “standard power” and “high-power” E-Band links without changing the radio mechanics.
Active diplexers incorporate a Tx RF power detector to facilitate Tx power calibration and ALC. Where specified, the modules can be supplied fully calibrated with Tx detector vs. frequency/power and Rx gain information stored onto an integrated I2C EEPROM. An integrated temperature sensor provides users with accurate amplifier temperature data.
The WR12 port locations & directions can be configured upon request.
The configurable nature of Hades allows us to incorporate a range of GaAs and/or InP amplifiers in both the Tx and Rx chain and includes the option to power combine 2 GaAs PAs to deliver market leading linear Tx powers delivering unparalleled performance for long range terrestrial and non-terrestrial E-Band communications.
Popular news, articles and white papers
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- Filtronic releases highest power (>20W), commercially available E-band solid-state power amplifier (SSPA) on the market
- UK RF manufacturer contributes to ‘fibre-in-the-sky’ low Earth orbit network
- Hercules takes off in markets with a need for speed.
- Filtronic strengthens sales partner network
- Scaling up semiconductor manufacturing for new-space applications
- RF technology leader adds new service to portfolio
- Filtronic secures second ESA project in six months.
- Filtronic wins the Innovative Supplier Collaboration Award by Leonardo
- 48 port Tower Top Amplifier expands “best in class” Critical Communications solution.
- RF specialist selected for Defence Technology Exploitation Programme.
- Filtronic win major contract with European Space Agency’s ARTES programme.
- Filtronic continues penetration of Low Earth Orbit market, with new contract win.
- Empowering 5G mobile backhaul with spectral efficiency.
- Filtronic Management Accountant Tim Hargreaves achieves global top 10 result in CIMA exam.
- Breakthrough E-Band amplifier redefines wireless SatCom ground station communications.
- Filtronic welcomes Department for Science, Innovation and Technology (DSIT) Minister to its award-winning facility.
- Cutting-edge mmWave solutions at European Microwave Exhibition.
- New E-band products push performance barriers even further.
- Unleashing unparalleled performance in E-Band communications.