The Hercules II combines Filtronic’s Morpheus II transceiver and either a Cerus 4 or 8 SSPA module, revolutionising high-speed backhaul networks with its unmatched performance and versatility.
The Hercules II brings together the best of Filtronic’s Morpheus II module with the power-enhancing Cerus amplifier, resulting in seamless integration and an exceptional range of benefits. Each Morpheus II module contains all the transmit and receive functions required for the RF section of an E-band link, facilitating a simple and efficient connection to a high data rate full duplex modem. In conjunction with the Cerus power amplifier, the Hercules II significantly boosts the available transmit power, ensuring extended reach and enhanced coverage.
The Hercules II supports spectrally efficient modulation techniques, optimising the use of available bandwidth and ensuring higher data throughput. This capability makes it an ideal choice for high-performance, low latency private networks, for applications as diverse as high frequency trading and for inter-platform links for High Altitude Pseudo Satellites and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles.
Hercules II key facts
- 71-76GHz and 81-86Gz High Power Amplifiers
- Tx Saturated powers up to >+35dBm
- Low phase noise
- Supports up to 512QAM modulation
Get a quotation or ask a question
Get in touch and a member of our technical sales team will be able to give you a personalised quotation
Request a sampleRequest a sample?
Hercules II features
- Fully integrated 71-76 to 81-86 GHz TRx modules
- Supports Tx output power in excess of 35dBm
- Supports >2GHz channel bandwidth
- Low phase noise –112dBc/Hz at 1MHz
- Supports up to 512QAM modulation
- Integrated Diplexer
- Single T/R port for antenna interface
- Simple interface with modem
- 100% calibrated & tested
- Low noise figure receiver
- Compact low mass form factor
- Ideal for long range applications and high-power, low latency private networks
- Field proven technology
A turn-key solution for ultra-high power high capacity E-band links, combining Filtronic’s latest generation Morpheus transceiver and Cerus Solid State Power Amplifier modules. Each Morpheus module contains all the transmit and receive functions necessary for the RF section of an E-band link and provides a simple connection to a high data rate full duplex modem. The integration of a Cerus power amplifier significantly increases the available transmit power. Morpheus and Cerus modules are designed for easy incorporation into ODUs for rapid time to market with minimal customer engineering resource. Ideal for long range terrestrial and non terrestrial applications and high-power private networks.
Popular news, articles and white papers
- RF specialist selected for Defence Technology Exploitation Programme.
- Filtronic win major contract with European Space Agency’s ARTES programme.
- Filtronic continues penetration of Low Earth Orbit market, with new contract win.
- Empowering 5G mobile backhaul with spectral efficiency.
- Filtronic welcomes Department for Science, Innovation and Technology (DSIT) Minister to its award-winning facility.
- Filtronic Management Accountant Tim Hargreaves achieves global top 10 result in CIMA exam.
- Breakthrough E-Band amplifier redefines wireless SatCom ground station communications.
- Unleashing unparalleled performance in E-Band communications.
- Cutting-edge mmWave solutions at European Microwave Exhibition.
- New E-band products push performance barriers even further.
- RF technology specialist increases its frontline business development team
- Moving up in frequency – why D-band is the next frontier for XHaul
- Filtronic awarded IASME Governance Gold certification
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- Filtronic plans attendance at six global exhibitions
- Filtronic returns to AOC Europe to showcase it’s complex integrated RF subsystems and filter technologies
- Filtronic strengthens its engineering team and opens new design centre in Manchester
- Why trust is the cornerstone of successful collaboration
- How E-band spectrum offers new 5G opportunities in India
- 5G interference at C-band – what are the potential problems, and how might they be mitigated?