Our industry-leading RF engineering teams enable our global customers to accelerate their development. The business case for a High Altitude Pseudo-Satellite (HAPS) is lean, so our FAAMG customer needed to optimise the cost performance trade-off of their E-Band solution. Prior to this, they used lower-performance technology which was suitable for early trials and deployments but was not robust enough for commercialisation. With Filtronics’ solution, we incorporated our in-house chip-set, reducing margin stacking and optimising cost effectiveness.
As a result of this approach, the client’s NRE was also lowered as they didn’t have to invest in true mmWave engineering, reducing their need for a team of specialists. By combining 2 amplifiers, we were able to boost the transmit power, extending the range, and enabling high-capacity HAPS-to-ground and inter-HAPS data transmission.
- Design optimised for high Tx output power & low Rx noise performance.
- Low weight and size as payload was critical.
- Based on our class-leading Morpheus transceiver technology platforms.
- Low mass, critical for keeping payload to a minimum.
- Compact, minimising footprint required for radio.
- Next generation, high-performance transceiver modules
- Enabling high-capacity HAPS-to-ground and inter-HAPS data transmission using E-band frequencies.