Filtronic has extensive experience in creating high performance modules that are placed between the antenna and the digital baseband section of a wireless system.
The RF Front End consists of all the components needed to interface between antennas and the digital section in an RF system. Front end modules are one of the most important parts of an RF System. The RF front end contains a number of components that work together to ensure signal integrity throughout the signal’s bandwidth.
Front end modules key facts
- Fully integrated complex front-end switching and up/down conversion
- Designed to optimise system efficiency
Front end modules features
- Customised designs.
- Track record into a range of applications including Telecommunications, Defence and Space.
- Experienced across range of frequency bands including up top mmWave.
Get a quotation or ask a question
Get in touch and a member of our technical sales team will be able to give you a personalised quotation
Front end modules are one of the most important parts of a RF System, Filtronic has extensive experience in creating high performance modules that are placed between the antenna and the digital baseband section of a wireless system.
Front end modules are available in various configurations based on the application. They can consist of power amplifiers, low noise amplifiers, switches, filters, power detectors, baluns and other products – the configuration varies based on the application and requirement. Filtronic is well placed to design and manufacture fully integrated complex front-end switching and up/down conversion over a wide frequency range, up to and including mmWave.
With cutting edge manufacturing facilities Filtronic can assemble more devices into a single package that can include power amplifiers, low noise amplifiers as well as diplexers and switches. This is increasingly important due to the availability of space coupled with the requirement for greater performance.
Popular news, articles and white papers
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- Filtronic releases highest power (>20W), commercially available E-band solid-state power amplifier (SSPA) on the market
- UK RF manufacturer contributes to ‘fibre-in-the-sky’ low Earth orbit network
- Hercules takes off in markets with a need for speed.
- Filtronic strengthens sales partner network
- Scaling up semiconductor manufacturing for new-space applications
- RF technology leader adds new service to portfolio
- Filtronic secures second ESA project in six months.
- Filtronic wins the Innovative Supplier Collaboration Award by Leonardo
- 48 port Tower Top Amplifier expands “best in class” Critical Communications solution.
- RF specialist selected for Defence Technology Exploitation Programme.
- Filtronic win major contract with European Space Agency’s ARTES programme.
- Filtronic continues penetration of Low Earth Orbit market, with new contract win.
- Empowering 5G mobile backhaul with spectral efficiency.
- Filtronic Management Accountant Tim Hargreaves achieves global top 10 result in CIMA exam.
- Breakthrough E-Band amplifier redefines wireless SatCom ground station communications.
- Filtronic welcomes Department for Science, Innovation and Technology (DSIT) Minister to its award-winning facility.
- Cutting-edge mmWave solutions at European Microwave Exhibition.
- New E-band products push performance barriers even further.
- Unleashing unparalleled performance in E-Band communications.