Filtronic has extensive experience in creating high performance modules that are placed between the antenna and the digital baseband section of a wireless system.
The RF Front End consists of all the components needed to interface between antennas and the digital section in an RF system. Front end modules are one of the most important parts of an RF System. The RF front end contains a number of components that work together to ensure signal integrity throughout the signal’s bandwidth.
Front end modules key facts
- Fully integrated complex front-end switching and up/down conversion
- Designed to optimise system efficiency
Front end modules features
- Customised designs.
- Track record into a range of applications including Telecommunications, Defence and Space.
- Experienced across range of frequency bands including up top mmWave.
Get a quotation or ask a question
Get in touch and a member of our technical sales team will be able to give you a personalised quotation
Front end modules are one of the most important parts of a RF System, Filtronic has extensive experience in creating high performance modules that are placed between the antenna and the digital baseband section of a wireless system.
Front end modules are available in various configurations based on the application. They can consist of power amplifiers, low noise amplifiers, switches, filters, power detectors, baluns and other products – the configuration varies based on the application and requirement. Filtronic is well placed to design and manufacture fully integrated complex front-end switching and up/down conversion over a wide frequency range, up to and including mmWave.
With cutting edge manufacturing facilities Filtronic can assemble more devices into a single package that can include power amplifiers, low noise amplifiers as well as diplexers and switches. This is increasingly important due to the availability of space coupled with the requirement for greater performance.
Popular news, articles and white papers
- Filtronic returns to AOC Europe to showcase it’s complex integrated RF subsystems and filter technologies
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- RF technology specialist increases its frontline business development team
- How E-band spectrum offers new 5G opportunities in India
- Moving up in frequency – why D-band is the next frontier for XHaul
- The semiconductor strategy: Will the UK play a leading role?
- Filtronic plans attendance at six global exhibitions
- Filtronic strengthens its engineering team and opens new design centre in Manchester
- New E-band products push performance barriers even further.
- 5G interference at C-band – what are the potential problems, and how might they be mitigated?
- Why trust is the cornerstone of successful collaboration
- New high-power E-band transceiver for 5G XHaul applications
- Filtronic shows aerospace and defence products and manufacturing services at AOC Europe
- High-performance E-Band backhaul networks vital to achieving 5G levelling up.
- UK supply chains: Why SME suppliers are the driving force of UK growth
- UK’s new science minister George Freeman visits Filtronic
- Choosing an integrated specialist partner adds value, boosts innovation and reduces risk in RF product development
- Future focus: new possibilities for RF communications
- Tudor Williams joins Filtronic as Director of Technology
- Outsourcing microelectronics assembly or making in-house — what are the trade-offs?