Filtronic produces a range of filters, including metal cavity filters, ceramic, combline, interdigital, lumped element, suspended substrate, waveguide and thin-film.
An RF Filter can be either an active or passive electronic component and is designed to operate in the KHz to THz frequency range. It either allows or prevents a signal to be transmitted or received. There are generally four functions of a filter which includes; Band Pass – Which allows only a selected band of frequencies, Band Stop – Which prevents certain frequency bands Low Pass – Which enables signals below a certain frequency to pass or High Pass – Which enables signals below a certain frequency to pass. Filtronic designs custom microwave filters up to 110GHz. Our custom filters products include metal cavity filters, ceramic, combline, interdigital, lumped element, suspended substrate, waveguide and thin-film filters. We are experts in filter topology, offering rapid prototyping and reduced development cycles.
Custom filters key facts
- Key component in high performance wireless technology
- Range of environmental conditions
- Medium to extremely high frequency – MHz to GHz
- Bespoke designs, working to a customer’s form factor
Custom filters features
- Experts in SWAP reductions
- Range of environmental conditions
- Material expertise
- Specialists in all forms including Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass and Band Reject Filters
Get a quotation or ask a question
Get in touch and a member of our technical sales team will be able to give you a personalised quotation
Filtronic has extensive knowledge and expertise in the design, development and production of custom filters that dates back to 1977.
Our custom filters products include metal cavity filters, ceramic, combline, interdigital, lumped element, suspended substrate, waveguide and thin-film filters. We are experts in filter topology, offering rapid prototyping and reduced development cycles.
Our team of highly experienced engineers work with customers to ascertain optimum technologies dependent upon specific filter requirements, e.g. size, response, power handling, insertion loss and rejection. We are experts in solving complex filter challenges, such as narrow guard band, tight rejection specs or close-to-the-pass band. We understand filter topology and can work with the perfect technology for each challenge, while offering rapid prototyping and reduced development cycles.
Popular news, articles and white papers
- RF specialist selected for Defence Technology Exploitation Programme.
- Filtronic continues penetration of Low Earth Orbit market, with new contract win.
- Filtronic win major contract with European Space Agency’s ARTES programme.
- Empowering 5G mobile backhaul with spectral efficiency.
- Filtronic welcomes Department for Science, Innovation and Technology (DSIT) Minister to its award-winning facility.
- Filtronic Management Accountant Tim Hargreaves achieves global top 10 result in CIMA exam.
- Breakthrough E-Band amplifier redefines wireless SatCom ground station communications.
- Cutting-edge mmWave solutions at European Microwave Exhibition.
- Unleashing unparalleled performance in E-Band communications.
- New E-band products push performance barriers even further.
- RF technology specialist increases its frontline business development team
- Moving up in frequency – why D-band is the next frontier for XHaul
- Filtronic awarded IASME Governance Gold certification
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- Filtronic plans attendance at six global exhibitions
- Filtronic returns to AOC Europe to showcase it’s complex integrated RF subsystems and filter technologies
- Filtronic strengthens its engineering team and opens new design centre in Manchester
- Why trust is the cornerstone of successful collaboration
- How E-band spectrum offers new 5G opportunities in India
- 5G interference at C-band – what are the potential problems, and how might they be mitigated?