Combline filters can be designed to have bandwidths of 1% to 50% of the centre frequency. Centre frequencies in the range of 100MHz to 20GHz are possible with stopbands extending to 5 times f0 . Wider stopbands are achievable with appropriate resonator loading.
Combline filters key facts
- Combline bandwidths of 1% to 50% of the centre frequency
- Interdigital up to 100% bandwidth
- Contiguous and non-contiguous types available
- Extended stop bands achievable
Combline filters features
- Ideal as a bandpass filter
- Can be printed or metal
- Low cost
- High power handling, where size is not critical
- Can be miniaturised
- Robust build quality, limited points of failure
- Suitable for defence applications
- Extensive experience of application
Get a quotation or ask a question
Get in touch and a member of our technical sales team will be able to give you a personalised quotation
Although very similar to cavity filters, combline filters can be designed to have bandwidths of 1% to 50% of the centre frequency. Centre frequencies in the range of 100MHz to 20GHz are possible with stopbands extending to 5 times f0 . Wider stopbands are achievable with appropriate resonator loading.
Multiplexers can be formed by coupling band pass filters together at a common transformer junction. Both contiguous and non-contiguous types are available. Diplexers, for example, are often used in applications such as Tx/Rx communications systems, where a common antenna is shared.
In some applications requiring wider bandwidths and where flatter group delay is important, we can use interdigital structures. The electrical and mechanical characteristics are similar to combline but the resonators are longer and are alternately inverted. The longer resonators result in a lower upper stopband frequency.
Popular news, articles and white papers
- RF specialist selected for Defence Technology Exploitation Programme.
- Filtronic continues penetration of Low Earth Orbit market, with new contract win.
- Filtronic win major contract with European Space Agency’s ARTES programme.
- Empowering 5G mobile backhaul with spectral efficiency.
- Filtronic welcomes Department for Science, Innovation and Technology (DSIT) Minister to its award-winning facility.
- Filtronic Management Accountant Tim Hargreaves achieves global top 10 result in CIMA exam.
- Breakthrough E-Band amplifier redefines wireless SatCom ground station communications.
- Unleashing unparalleled performance in E-Band communications.
- Cutting-edge mmWave solutions at European Microwave Exhibition.
- New E-band products push performance barriers even further.
- RF technology specialist increases its frontline business development team
- Moving up in frequency – why D-band is the next frontier for XHaul
- Filtronic awarded IASME Governance Gold certification
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- Filtronic plans attendance at six global exhibitions
- Filtronic returns to AOC Europe to showcase it’s complex integrated RF subsystems and filter technologies
- Filtronic strengthens its engineering team and opens new design centre in Manchester
- Why trust is the cornerstone of successful collaboration
- How E-band spectrum offers new 5G opportunities in India
- 5G interference at C-band – what are the potential problems, and how might they be mitigated?