Combline filters can be designed to have bandwidths of 1% to 50% of the centre frequency. Centre frequencies in the range of 100MHz to 20GHz are possible with stopbands extending to 5 times f0 . Wider stopbands are achievable with appropriate resonator loading.
Combline filters key facts
- Combline bandwidths of 1% to 50% of the centre frequency
- Interdigital up to 100% bandwidth
- Contiguous and non-contiguous types available
- Extended stop bands achievable
Combline filters features
- Ideal as a bandpass filter
- Can be printed or metal
- Low cost
- High power handling, where size is not critical
- Can be miniaturised
- Robust build quality, limited points of failure
- Suitable for defence applications
- Extensive experience of application
Get a quotation or ask a question
Get in touch and a member of our technical sales team will be able to give you a personalised quotation
Although very similar to cavity filters, combline filters can be designed to have bandwidths of 1% to 50% of the centre frequency. Centre frequencies in the range of 100MHz to 20GHz are possible with stopbands extending to 5 times f0 . Wider stopbands are achievable with appropriate resonator loading.
Multiplexers can be formed by coupling band pass filters together at a common transformer junction. Both contiguous and non-contiguous types are available. Diplexers, for example, are often used in applications such as Tx/Rx communications systems, where a common antenna is shared.
In some applications requiring wider bandwidths and where flatter group delay is important, we can use interdigital structures. The electrical and mechanical characteristics are similar to combline but the resonators are longer and are alternately inverted. The longer resonators result in a lower upper stopband frequency.
Popular news, articles and white papers
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- Filtronic cements position in LEO market with a new follow-on contract for Cerus 32
- Filtronic awarded £4.5 million contract with BAE Systems
- Filtronic wins a new radar contract from Defence Prime
- Filtronic strengthens its position within the E-band low Earth orbit market with second-generation Cerus 32 power module
- Filtronic releases highest power (>20W), commercially available E-band solid-state power amplifier (SSPA) on the market
- Filtronic wins “Manufacturer of the Year” at the prestigious annual Elektra Awards
- UK RF manufacturer contributes to ‘fibre-in-the-sky’ low Earth orbit network
- Hercules takes off in markets with a need for speed.
- Scaling up semiconductor manufacturing for new-space applications
- Filtronic secures second ESA project in six months.
- Filtronic win major contract with European Space Agency’s ARTES programme.
- Filtronic strengthens sales partner network
- RF technology leader adds new service to portfolio
- Filtronic wins the Innovative Supplier Collaboration Award by Leonardo
- RF specialist selected for Defence Technology Exploitation Programme.
- Designing for the future
- A close shave: 5G to the rescue
- 48 port tower top amplifier expands “best in class” critical communications solution.
- Filtronic continues penetration of Low Earth Orbit market, with new contract win.