Our solution supported the nationwide rebanding of the 800MHz spectrum to facilitate the removal of analogue TV bands and the rollout of digital TV. This was a unique challenge that required a customised solution and could have only been delivered by a manufacturer with a rich history within the 700MHz and 800MHz bands. Our customer wanted a rapid solution for a remotely configurable filter This was successfully delivered representing OPEX saving of $,000’s per site, multiplied across 17,000 sites across the network, delivering total savings of >$10m.
- Experience and track record within 700MHz and 800MHz enabled rapid development of a remotely configurable filter.
- Cost was significant driver, so was integral to the design considerations.
- The filter utilised built-in motors which adjusted tuning through the AISG port.
- Advantages for client was they did not have to send engineer to site
- Reduced hardware costs and installation efficiency.
- The site construction teams could enable/disable the notch functionality remotely.
- Delivered OPEX savings of $,000’s per site, multiplied across 17,000 sites in the network delivered savings > $10m.
- Tier 1 OEM of wireless network infrastructure.
- Their client, a major US Mobile Network Operator
- High power, PIM critical (careful design considerations given)
- Creating high power within a compact envelope.
- Support a nationwide rebanding of the 800 MHz spectrum.