Filtronic have extensive experience of designing and manufacturing switched filter banks. Our designs are optimised to minimise switching times with very low power consumption.
Switched Filter Banks consist of a combination of switches and filters integrated into a single module. Integrating filter and switch components in a single module eliminates transitions between circuits, providing for optimal matching.
Switched filter banks key facts
- Compact, with low power consumption
- Improve overall performance
- Better insertion loss, flatness and voltage standing wave ratio (VSWR)
Switched filter banks features
- High Isolation (>90 dB)
- Fast Switching Speeds (<25 ns)
- High Power
- In-house Filter & Switch Design
- Multiple Control Interfaces
Get a quotation or ask a question
Get in touch and a member of our technical sales team will be able to give you a personalised quotation
Switched Filter Banks consist of a combination of switches and filters integrated into a single module. Integrating filter and switch components in a single module eliminates transitions between circuits, providing for optimal matching. Filtronic devices improve overall performance, including better insertion loss, flatness and voltage standing wave ratio (VSWR). With all components integrated into a single module, our switched filter banks are compact and save a considerable amount of board space. Our expertise in system integration enables reductions in component size, improved reliability, and improved overall system performance.
We have extensive experience of designing, manufacturing and testing a range of switched filter banks using a variety of topologies, usually to our customers specification. Filter topologies include cavity, lumped element, ceramic and suspended substrate. Our Switched Filter Bank designs offer high isolation, fast switching speeds , high power and multiple control interfaces. The Filtronic engineering team has over 200 years combined experience in microwave and millimetre wave design, with in-house filter and switch design. They are able to work with our customers to select the perfect filter, optimising based on system performance and criteria.
Popular news, articles and white papers
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- Filtronic cements position in LEO market with a new follow-on contract for Cerus 32
- Filtronic awarded £4.5 million contract with BAE Systems
- Filtronic wins a new radar contract from Defence Prime
- Filtronic strengthens its position within the E-band low Earth orbit market with second-generation Cerus 32 power module
- Filtronic releases highest power (>20W), commercially available E-band solid-state power amplifier (SSPA) on the market
- Filtronic wins “Manufacturer of the Year” at the prestigious annual Elektra Awards
- UK RF manufacturer contributes to ‘fibre-in-the-sky’ low Earth orbit network
- Hercules takes off in markets with a need for speed.
- Scaling up semiconductor manufacturing for new-space applications
- Filtronic secures second ESA project in six months.
- Filtronic win major contract with European Space Agency’s ARTES programme.
- Filtronic strengthens sales partner network
- RF technology leader adds new service to portfolio
- Filtronic wins the Innovative Supplier Collaboration Award by Leonardo
- RF specialist selected for Defence Technology Exploitation Programme.
- Designing for the future
- A close shave: 5G to the rescue
- 48 port tower top amplifier expands “best in class” critical communications solution.
- Filtronic continues penetration of Low Earth Orbit market, with new contract win.