Filtronic have extensive experience of designing and manufacturing switched filter banks. Our designs are optimised to minimise switching times with very low power consumption.
Switched Filter Banks consist of a combination of switches and filters integrated into a single module. Integrating filter and switch components in a single module eliminates transitions between circuits, providing for optimal matching.
Switched filter banks key facts
- Compact, with low power consumption
- Improve overall performance
- Better insertion loss, flatness and voltage standing wave ratio (VSWR)
Switched filter banks features
- High Isolation (>90 dB)
- Fast Switching Speeds (<25 ns)
- High Power
- In-house Filter & Switch Design
- Multiple Control Interfaces
Get a quotation or ask a question
Get in touch and a member of our technical sales team will be able to give you a personalised quotation
Switched Filter Banks consist of a combination of switches and filters integrated into a single module. Integrating filter and switch components in a single module eliminates transitions between circuits, providing for optimal matching. Filtronic devices improve overall performance, including better insertion loss, flatness and voltage standing wave ratio (VSWR). With all components integrated into a single module, our switched filter banks are compact and save a considerable amount of board space. Our expertise in system integration enables reductions in component size, improved reliability, and improved overall system performance.
We have extensive experience of designing, manufacturing and testing a range of switched filter banks using a variety of topologies, usually to our customers specification. Filter topologies include cavity, lumped element, ceramic and suspended substrate. Our Switched Filter Bank designs offer high isolation, fast switching speeds , high power and multiple control interfaces. The Filtronic engineering team has over 200 years combined experience in microwave and millimetre wave design, with in-house filter and switch design. They are able to work with our customers to select the perfect filter, optimising based on system performance and criteria.
Popular news, articles and white papers
- RF specialist selected for Defence Technology Exploitation Programme.
- Filtronic win major contract with European Space Agency’s ARTES programme.
- Filtronic continues penetration of Low Earth Orbit market, with new contract win.
- Empowering 5G mobile backhaul with spectral efficiency.
- Filtronic welcomes Department for Science, Innovation and Technology (DSIT) Minister to its award-winning facility.
- Filtronic Management Accountant Tim Hargreaves achieves global top 10 result in CIMA exam.
- Breakthrough E-Band amplifier redefines wireless SatCom ground station communications.
- Unleashing unparalleled performance in E-Band communications.
- Cutting-edge mmWave solutions at European Microwave Exhibition.
- New E-band products push performance barriers even further.
- RF technology specialist increases its frontline business development team
- Moving up in frequency – why D-band is the next frontier for XHaul
- Filtronic awarded IASME Governance Gold certification
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- Filtronic plans attendance at six global exhibitions
- Filtronic returns to AOC Europe to showcase it’s complex integrated RF subsystems and filter technologies
- Filtronic strengthens its engineering team and opens new design centre in Manchester
- Why trust is the cornerstone of successful collaboration
- How E-band spectrum offers new 5G opportunities in India
- 5G interference at C-band – what are the potential problems, and how might they be mitigated?