Morpheus II modules are designed for easy incorporation into ODUs for rapid time to market with minimal customer engineering resource. They are a drop-in mmWave solution for ultra-high-capacity wireless links.
E-Band transceiver modules (71 – 76GHz and 81 – 86 GHz) are used as an easily deployable alternative to fibre optics in mobile backhaul applications. The transceiver module contains all the transmit and receive functions necessary for the RF section of an E-Band radio link, and provides a simple connection to a high data rate modem. Filtronic’s transceiver modules are designed for easy incorporation into outdoor units, giving original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) the advantage of a rapid time-to-market while requiring minimal engineering resource. Their high performance makes them ideal for high-density urban environments as well as rural locations. In addition, their compact form factor makes them suitable for use in all types of mmWave XHaul applications, and their readily reconfigurable architecture also provides the ideal basis from which to develop systems for application in high throughput satellites and High Altitude Pseudo-Satellites (HAPS).
Morpheus II key facts
- Range extension with leading, linear Tx power
- Supports 10Gbps per channel links
- Field proven technology
- Ideal for 5G wireless XHaul and fibre alternative applications
Get a quotation or ask a question
Get in touch and a member of our technical sales team will be able to give you a personalised quotation
Request a sampleRequest a sample?
Morpheus II features
- Fully integrated 71-76 to 81-86 GHz TRx modules
- Reconfigurable architecture with options up to 27dBm PSAT
- Supports >2GHz channel bandwidth
- Low phase noise –112dBc/Hz at 1MHz
- Supports up to 512QAM modulation
- Integrated Diplexer
- Single T/R port for antenna interface
- Single connector for modem interface
- 100% calibrated & tested
- Compact low mass form factor
Morpheus II E-Band transceiver modules provide a turn-key solution for carrier grade mobile XHaul applications. Each module contains all the transmit and receive functions necessary for the RF section of an E-Band link and provides a simple connection to a high data rate full duplex modem. The integrated diplexer connects directly to an antenna of choice via a standard WR12 interface. Internal, low phase noise VCOs are settable via an SPI interface in 31.25MHz steps to support ECC ITU channel arrangements.
- Proven system performance — 10 Gbps demonstrated with spectral efficient 256QAM modulation.
- Field proven technology — tens of thousands of Filtronic millimetre wave transceivers deployed worldwide.
Morpheus II modules are designed for easy incorporation into ODUs for rapid time to market with minimal customer engineering resource.
Popular news, articles and white papers
- RF specialist selected for Defence Technology Exploitation Programme.
- Filtronic win major contract with European Space Agency’s ARTES programme.
- Filtronic continues penetration of Low Earth Orbit market, with new contract win.
- Empowering 5G mobile backhaul with spectral efficiency.
- Filtronic welcomes Department for Science, Innovation and Technology (DSIT) Minister to its award-winning facility.
- Filtronic Management Accountant Tim Hargreaves achieves global top 10 result in CIMA exam.
- Breakthrough E-Band amplifier redefines wireless SatCom ground station communications.
- Unleashing unparalleled performance in E-Band communications.
- Cutting-edge mmWave solutions at European Microwave Exhibition.
- New E-band products push performance barriers even further.
- RF technology specialist increases its frontline business development team
- Moving up in frequency – why D-band is the next frontier for XHaul
- Filtronic awarded IASME Governance Gold certification
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- Filtronic plans attendance at six global exhibitions
- Filtronic returns to AOC Europe to showcase it’s complex integrated RF subsystems and filter technologies
- Filtronic strengthens its engineering team and opens new design centre in Manchester
- Why trust is the cornerstone of successful collaboration
- How E-band spectrum offers new 5G opportunities in India
- 5G interference at C-band – what are the potential problems, and how might they be mitigated?