When starting to work with this FAAMG technology giant, the HAPS market was still embryonic. We were approached, not to quicken the market but to change the market, to redesign what’s possible. These unique challenges were all about performance, the client wanted a paradigm shift in performance level. Customised to meet their mechanical interface, the heatsink was defined by the client, but we integrated the multiplexer into their mechanical architecture, reducing weight, footprint & component count.
- Collaborated very closely with our client’s engineering team
- Integration into clients airborne & ground mechanical requirements.
- Development included 4 channels, each channel capable of 10Gbps, resulting in a 40Gbps point-to-point link.
- World record at the time of 40Gbps development, ground to air communication link.
- Highly integrated solution with all 4 channels integrated to optimise size, weight and power.
- Solution delivered was at 71-76 & 81-86 GHz frequency bands.
- How do you push the boundaries not iteratively but create a step change.
- Performance change by an order of magnitude of 40x
- Minimise power consumption through careful circuit design and performance choices.
- Development of communications backhaul links that deliver sufficient bandwidth and range to provide ultra-high-capacity wireless connectivity.
- Included compact, high-power amplifier modules to meet long-range requirements.
Find Success StoriesMore stories…
Product solutions for the Space sector
Morpheus II E-Band transceiver modules provide a turn-key solution for carrier grade mobile XHaul applications. Each module contains all the transmit and receive functions necessary for the RF section of an E-Band link and provides a simple connection to a high data rate full duplex modem. The integrated diplexer...
Filtronic’s range of power amplifiers provide market leading linear mmW power. Available in single to N-way configurations, the Cerus power amplifiers deliver unparalleled performance for long range E-Band communications. Cerus power amplifiers are available as 32, 8, 4 & 1 way E-Band modules. Containing GaAs MMICs performance matched and...
10Gbps capable, ideal for use in high-speed mobile backhaul networks for services such as LTE-Advanced and 5G. Easy Entry to E-band Market for OEMs Orpheus modules are designed for easy incorporation into ODUs for rapid time to market with minimal customer engineering resource. Low technical risk, with >50,000 Filtronic mmWave...