24MHz – 300GHz
Filtronic is a device-agnostic supplier of mmWave transceivers to OEMs; offering high specification, competitively priced modules that reduce customer time to market.
Filtronics capabilities extend across a number of mmWave bands which includes E, D & W bands for telecommunication infrastructure, HAPS and track to train. We also have a strong track record in K, Ka, Q & V bands to include a range of applications including 5G test & measurement, as well as SatComms.
Transmit and receive modules
Front end modules
Switched filter banks
Advanced mmWave communications products
Filtronic is a device-agnostic supplier of mmWave transceivers to OEMs; offering high specification, competitively priced modules that reduce customer time to market. Filtronic’s capabilities extend across a number of mmWave bands which includes E, D & W bands for telecommunication infrastructure, HAPS and track to train. We also have a strong track record in K, Ka, Q & V bands to include a range of applications including 5G test & measurement, as well as SatComms.
Filtronic is an E-band (71-86GHz) expert for mobile backhaul offers network operators advantages of both increased capacity (up to 10Gbps per channel) and reduced operating expense, benefiting from low cost licensing regimes available throughout the world. Filtronic’s ultra-high-capacity E-band mmWave modules are designed to deliver cost-effective, carrier class multi-Gigabit connectivity for mobile backhaul systems.
Filtronic’s integrated systems include single carrier as well as multi carrier and have delivered radio links up to 40Gbps. With specific expertise in E-band between 71 – 76GHz and 81 – 86GHz, Filtronic also support niche applications for example power amplifiers from 76GHz to 81GHz or 69GHz to 71GHz.
With the ever-increasing demand for data, higher capacity is going to be required in 5G XHaul networks, and the need for links up to 100Gbps has already been identified. Filtronic is moving up the frequency spectrum to W-band and D-band systems, where huge amounts of further bandwidth become available, will likely prove to be part of the solution.
We deliver unique solutions for our customer’s challenging RF applications using our wealth of mmWave expertise. Our specialties include MMIC design, System in Package (SIP) design, sub-system and system hardware design, manufacture and testing, waveguide filters and diplexers, build to print and design characterisation. We provide leading technology products to a range of challenging applications including telecommunications infrastructure, low latency private networks, trackside to train communications, HAPs and LEO communications.
Featured mmWave products
Transmit and receive modules
Popular news, articles and white papers
- RF specialist selected for Defence Technology Exploitation Programme.
- Filtronic continues penetration of Low Earth Orbit market, with new contract win.
- Filtronic win major contract with European Space Agency’s ARTES programme.
- Empowering 5G mobile backhaul with spectral efficiency.
- Filtronic welcomes Department for Science, Innovation and Technology (DSIT) Minister to its award-winning facility.
- Filtronic Management Accountant Tim Hargreaves achieves global top 10 result in CIMA exam.
- Breakthrough E-Band amplifier redefines wireless SatCom ground station communications.
- Cutting-edge mmWave solutions at European Microwave Exhibition.
- Unleashing unparalleled performance in E-Band communications.
- New E-band products push performance barriers even further.
- RF technology specialist increases its frontline business development team
- Moving up in frequency – why D-band is the next frontier for XHaul
- Filtronic awarded IASME Governance Gold certification
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- Filtronic plans attendance at six global exhibitions
- Filtronic returns to AOC Europe to showcase it’s complex integrated RF subsystems and filter technologies
- Filtronic strengthens its engineering team and opens new design centre in Manchester
- Why trust is the cornerstone of successful collaboration
- How E-band spectrum offers new 5G opportunities in India
- 5G interference at C-band – what are the potential problems, and how might they be mitigated?