Fully moulded high-reliability plastic packaging
Packaged solutions for optimal Size, Weight and Power (SWaP)
Filtronic invested in a specialist, plastic encapsulation capability for compound semiconductor devices, focusing on high-density System in Package (“SiP”) designs. Perfect for wideband gap semiconductors such as such as Gallium Arsenide (GaAs), Gallium Nitride (GaN), and Silicon Carbide (SiC).
We also offer extensive volume experience to customise and adapt products, optimising them for cost-efficient volume manufacture. With our significant investment in hybrid assembly, advanced microwave test systems, military standard processes and full traceability, we offer a unique low risk and secure service.
Process optimisation for high-reliability plastic packaging
Our capabilities focus on low-weight, low-cost, high-density packaging for high-power semiconductor devices, specifically designed to perform in challenging operational environments for the MoD, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force, and their global allies.
Our lead frame technology utilises best practices to mitigate delamination, voiding, improved solderability and wire bonding.
Watch our video to find out more about our manufacturing capabilities.
- Able to work on UK government contracts.
- Custom lead frame and package design capability to optimise electrical performance.
- Vertically integrated process development, manufacture, and test, all on one site, critical for security, continuous monitoring and improvements.
- Full in-house automated process capability. From Die Attach to Wire Bonding, Moulding, Dicing and Testing.
- Electrical test – DC & RF test.
- Open tooling or customisable lead-frames.
- Production and prototype volumes available
- RF and microwave package modeling for optimised performance.
- Dedicated process improvement, focusing on quality and optimising yield.
- Environmental qualification
Filtronic can provide full thermal analysis which is critical in selecting the correct die attach material, interconnect, and mould compound for the package design. Our expertise covers CTE mismatch and voiding.
Our end-end process includes a range of die-attach materials and interposers.
Capability to support volume production with full traceability of wafer and assembly lots.
Popular news, articles and white papers
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- Filtronic releases highest power (>20W), commercially available E-band solid-state power amplifier (SSPA) on the market
- UK RF manufacturer contributes to ‘fibre-in-the-sky’ low Earth orbit network
- Hercules takes off in markets with a need for speed.
- Filtronic strengthens sales partner network
- Scaling up semiconductor manufacturing for new-space applications
- RF technology leader adds new service to portfolio
- Filtronic secures second ESA project in six months.
- Filtronic wins the Innovative Supplier Collaboration Award by Leonardo
- 48 port Tower Top Amplifier expands “best in class” Critical Communications solution.
- RF specialist selected for Defence Technology Exploitation Programme.
- Filtronic win major contract with European Space Agency’s ARTES programme.
- Filtronic continues penetration of Low Earth Orbit market, with new contract win.
- Empowering 5G mobile backhaul with spectral efficiency.
- Filtronic Management Accountant Tim Hargreaves achieves global top 10 result in CIMA exam.
- Breakthrough E-Band amplifier redefines wireless SatCom ground station communications.
- Filtronic welcomes Department for Science, Innovation and Technology (DSIT) Minister to its award-winning facility.
- Cutting-edge mmWave solutions at European Microwave Exhibition.
- New E-band products push performance barriers even further.
- Unleashing unparalleled performance in E-Band communications.