Our next generation Morpheus X2 E-Band transceiver module pushes the boundaries of performance even further, supporting linear Tx output power in excess of 24dBm.
E band represents the frequency range from 60 GHz to 90 GHz. Dell’Oro Group has forecast that E-band mmWave radio links will experience the fastest growth of all the frequency bands over the five-year period to 2026, with the combined E-band and V-Band market predicted to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25%. This growth is being driven by the global demand for XHaul for 5G networks, for which radio links in the mmWave bands can provide both high capacity and high data rate. Filtronic’s device-agnostic Microwave and mmWave transceivers, offer high-performance, are competitively priced and significantly reduce client time to market.
Morpheus X2 key facts
- Linear transmit power output of 24dBm
- Supports 10Gbps per channel links
- Receiver noise figure is typically 7-8dB , and an enhanced option with 4.5-5.5dB noise figure is also available for specialised applications.
Get a quotation or ask a question
Get in touch and a member of our technical sales team will be able to give you a personalised quotation
Request a sampleRequest a sample?
Morpheus X2 features
- Fully integrated 71-76 to 81-86 GHz TRx modules
- Supports linear Tx output power of 24dBm
- Supports >2GHz channel bandwidth
- Low phase noise –112dBc/Hz at 1MHz
- Supports up to 512QAM modulation
- Integrated Diplexer
- Single T/R port for antenna interface
- Single connector for modem interface
- 100% calibrated & tested
- Compact low mass form factor
Our next generation Morpheus X2 E-Band transceiver module pushes the boundaries of performance even further, supporting linear Tx output power in excess of 24dBm. With a compact low mass form factor this transceiver is ideal for applications where size, weight and power (SWAP) are critical such as telecommunications infrastructure, space and test and measurement.
The product is based on our proven Morpheus II platform, with a strong pedigree and field proven technology. Integrating all the RF transmit and receive functions required for an E-band radio link, the transceiver module offers a linear transmit power output of 24dBm; 3dB higher than the standard Morpheus II product – while occupying the same compact footprint of 90 x 80mm. Receiver noise figure is typically 7-8dB , and an enhanced option with 4.5-5.5dB noise figure is also available for specialised applications.
The X2 is designed to simplify the connection to a customers high data rate full duplex modem, with easy incorporation into ODUs for rapid time to market with minimal customer engineering resource.
This higher power level enables longer link lengths when the modules are used in all types of mmWave XHaul applications. The compact form factor of the modules and their reconfigurable architecture also provide an ideal platform from which to develop ultra high capacity payloads and ground systems for LEO satellite constellations and High Altitude Platform Systems (HAPS).
Popular news, articles and white papers
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- Filtronic cements position in LEO market with a new follow-on contract for Cerus 32
- Filtronic awarded £4.5 million contract with BAE Systems
- Filtronic wins a new radar contract from Defence Prime
- Filtronic strengthens its position within the E-band low Earth orbit market with second-generation Cerus 32 power module
- Filtronic releases highest power (>20W), commercially available E-band solid-state power amplifier (SSPA) on the market
- Filtronic wins “Manufacturer of the Year” at the prestigious annual Elektra Awards
- UK RF manufacturer contributes to ‘fibre-in-the-sky’ low Earth orbit network
- Hercules takes off in markets with a need for speed.
- Scaling up semiconductor manufacturing for new-space applications
- Filtronic secures second ESA project in six months.
- Filtronic win major contract with European Space Agency’s ARTES programme.
- Filtronic strengthens sales partner network
- RF technology leader adds new service to portfolio
- Filtronic wins the Innovative Supplier Collaboration Award by Leonardo
- RF specialist selected for Defence Technology Exploitation Programme.
- Designing for the future
- A close shave: 5G to the rescue
- 48 port tower top amplifier expands “best in class” critical communications solution.
- Filtronic continues penetration of Low Earth Orbit market, with new contract win.