RF design leaders – Helping our customers get to market quicker
Enabling clients to take advantage of our industry-leading engineering knowledge, we offer RF, Microwave and mmWave design of integrated assemblies as a service. Collaborating and solving RF design challenges is what we love to do. We work with long-term partners in aerospace and defence, telecommunications infrastructure and critical communications.
Our engineering team includes a wide range of specialities including: RF; MMIC design; filter and combiners; electronic & PCB layouts; mechanical design; process engineering and software & firmware experts.
Filtronic operates a full range of CAD packages that includes; Keysight ADS & EMPro; Cadence microwave office inc VSS & Axiem; Dassault CST; Solidworks and Altium designer.
Pushing the boundaries of RF design
Filtronic is an RF design specialist with an industry leading team with over 200 years combined experience in microwave and mmWave product design and integration. We have over forty years’ track record of delivering high performance RF technologies.
Our expertise includes integrated RF, electronics and software design with access to an exclusive range of in-house designed GaAs MMICs and GaN FETs. Our MMIC engineers are experienced in designing on a wide range of GaAs and GaN foundries, and in using foundry models, as well as fine-tuning and optimising our own model sets. We maintain a comprehensive range of Computer Aided Design systems for microwave circuit design, system simulation, thermal design, mechanical design and automated test programme development.
We offer bespoke microwave design services for a broad range of applications up to 175GHz – across a range of market sectors including telecoms, aerospace and defence, critical communications and test and measurement.
System in package; design, manufacture, and test
We offer a range of SiP design solutions from simple single chip in package to a multi-device multi-substrate technology system that can incorporate mixers, amplifiers, attenuators, filters, couplers/splitters and more in a surface mountable package. We can deliver cutting edge solutions up to 114GHz.
GaN & GaAs power amplifiers
Filtronic’s designers always select the right technology for the specific application. Our device agnostic approach means that where viable we may select commercially available MMIC, however, our in-house MMIC design capability allows us to design bespoke devices to suit specific needs/applications where performance matters.
High data rate point-to-point transceivers
We design device-agnostic Microwave and mmWave transceivers using both Filtronic designed chipsets as well as commercial off the shelf chip sets. These combine high-performance, with competitive pricing, taking advantage of our expertise to reduce client time to market.
Powered by exceptional engineers
We design and manufacture bespoke microwave and mmWave components for a broad range of communication applications. Delivering world class performance and reliability our engineering team design integrated modules involving complex electronic control and calibration, enabling the future of RF. We have over forty years’ track record of delivering high
performance RF technologies, offering bespoke microwave design services for a broad range of applications up to 175GHz.
We have a wide core skill base that includes:
- RF systems engineers
- MMIC specialists
- Filter specialists
- Electronic and PCB layout designers
- Mechanical design
- Process engineers
- Software and firmware experts
Waveguide filters and diplexers
Our team of highly experienced RF design engineers work with customers to select optimum technologies dependent upon specific filter requirements, e.g. size, response, power handling, insertion loss and rejection.
Our MMIC engineers have designed on a wide range of GaAs & GaN foundries from DC to 114GHz. They are experienced in the use of their design kits and are constantly fine tuning and optimising our model sets, originally derived from standard foundry models.
Filtronic has an established RF on wafer as well as bespoke module callibration & test facilities. With unrivaled experienced in the measurement, characterisation and reliability analysis of mmWave devices and integrated circuits to 114GHz.
Where we excel
We are unique in having many of our designs manufactured and tested in-house by our state-of-the-art high volume manufacturing facility. This allows concurrent development of tailored test solutions and manufacturing processes to ensure a smooth transfer into production and rapid volume ramp up.
Filtronic designers can also develop software solutions, such as bespoke user interfaces which enable the control and monitoring of a complex set of features.
Our engineers excel in delivering real value to our customer specifically in the areas below:
- Maximising performance
- System integration
- Value engineering
- Thermal management
- Agility to increase our client speed to market
- Client collaboration
Tower top amplifiers
Popular news, articles and white papers
- RF specialist selected for Defence Technology Exploitation Programme.
- Filtronic continues penetration of Low Earth Orbit market, with new contract win.
- Filtronic win major contract with European Space Agency’s ARTES programme.
- Empowering 5G mobile backhaul with spectral efficiency.
- Filtronic welcomes Department for Science, Innovation and Technology (DSIT) Minister to its award-winning facility.
- Filtronic Management Accountant Tim Hargreaves achieves global top 10 result in CIMA exam.
- Breakthrough E-Band amplifier redefines wireless SatCom ground station communications.
- Cutting-edge mmWave solutions at European Microwave Exhibition.
- Unleashing unparalleled performance in E-Band communications.
- New E-band products push performance barriers even further.
- RF technology specialist increases its frontline business development team
- Moving up in frequency – why D-band is the next frontier for XHaul
- Filtronic awarded IASME Governance Gold certification
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- Filtronic plans attendance at six global exhibitions
- Filtronic returns to AOC Europe to showcase it’s complex integrated RF subsystems and filter technologies
- Filtronic strengthens its engineering team and opens new design centre in Manchester
- Why trust is the cornerstone of successful collaboration
- How E-band spectrum offers new 5G opportunities in India
- 5G interference at C-band – what are the potential problems, and how might they be mitigated?