Filtronic provides design, manufacturing and testing of either our own high performance bespoke products or manufacturing and testing as services in our cutting-edge facilities.
Transmit and receive modules key facts
- High capacity and high performance as standard
- High linearity transmit and receive chains
- Internally integrated low-phase noise local oscillators
- Amplification and electronic beam steering
Transmit and receive modules features
- Track record of improving size, weight and power.
- Experience across a range of frequency bands.
- Experts in high power and low noise solutions.
Get a quotation or ask a question
Get in touch and a member of our technical sales team will be able to give you a personalised quotation
Our transmit and receive modules (TRM’s) are traditionally used in electronically scanned radar systems. Transmit and receive modules provide amplification and electronic beam steering and can be applied in radar or communication systems requiring a steerable antenna. Our engineers have the experience and capability to design and manufacture our own T/R modules within our leading design, manufacturing and testing facilities in Sedgefield, UK.
We also have a rich history of developing hybrid manufacturing services for leading defence prime contractors, where we provide dual sourcing as a strategic choice to enable a reduced risk of disrupted schedules, as well as offering the opportunity to rapidly scale or shrink volumes without either incurring extra personnel and equipment costs or keeping a line running below capacity.
Dual sourcing has other well-documented benefits, among them the potential for faster lead times, scalability and more consistent supply. There can also be advantages if a company with a broad product and technology base can draw on the specialised expertise of a contractor.
Partnering with Filtronic as a second source can help you meet the challenges of ramping up production without compromising on quality. With a recent investment of over £1 million in new assembly and test equipment, Filtronic has overseen a significant increase in the capacity of its Sedgefield manufacturing facility to a potential throughput of 10,000 transmit/receive modules (TRM) per month, with an average final yield of 95%.
Popular news, articles and white papers
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- Filtronic releases highest power (>20W), commercially available E-band solid-state power amplifier (SSPA) on the market
- UK RF manufacturer contributes to ‘fibre-in-the-sky’ low Earth orbit network
- Hercules takes off in markets with a need for speed.
- Filtronic strengthens sales partner network
- Scaling up semiconductor manufacturing for new-space applications
- RF technology leader adds new service to portfolio
- Filtronic secures second ESA project in six months.
- Filtronic wins the Innovative Supplier Collaboration Award by Leonardo
- 48 port Tower Top Amplifier expands “best in class” Critical Communications solution.
- RF specialist selected for Defence Technology Exploitation Programme.
- Filtronic win major contract with European Space Agency’s ARTES programme.
- Filtronic continues penetration of Low Earth Orbit market, with new contract win.
- Empowering 5G mobile backhaul with spectral efficiency.
- Filtronic Management Accountant Tim Hargreaves achieves global top 10 result in CIMA exam.
- Breakthrough E-Band amplifier redefines wireless SatCom ground station communications.
- Filtronic welcomes Department for Science, Innovation and Technology (DSIT) Minister to its award-winning facility.
- Cutting-edge mmWave solutions at European Microwave Exhibition.
- New E-band products push performance barriers even further.
- Unleashing unparalleled performance in E-Band communications.