Filtronic’s TTA systems are fully compliant with the most stringent public safety RF specifications. The amplifiers have excellent system flatness across the passband and low system noise figure while retaining linearity and out-of-band rejection. This provides optimum inbound coverage and dependable performance in mission-critical applications.
The Tower Top Amplifier (TTA) is a crucial component in the majority of network base stations. It is used to improve receiver performance. TTAs incorporate a low-noise amplifier installed at the top of the mast and a control/distribution unit installed at the base. The tower-top element incorporates a low-loss, bandpass filter to protect the receiver from out-of-band interference and a low-noise amplifier to boost the received signal.
Tower top amplifiers key facts
- 2.5dB – Industry leading noise figure – better call quality, less sites, greater coverage
- 99.5% coverage – Better interference mitigation – easier to meet your service level agreements
- Manufactured in the USA
- 18dB – Highest available IIP3 on the market
Get a quotation or ask a question
Get in touch and a member of our technical sales team will be able to give you a personalised quotation
Tower top amplifiers features
- Easy to order using one-part number for the entire system
- Available in diversity or non-diversity options
- Robust lightning strike and IIP3 performance verified by industry standard testing
- Best in class design based on years of Tower Mounted Amplifier development experience
Filtronic’s Tower Top Amplifiers (TTAs) feature smart redundancy, which continuously monitors the health of the balanced quadrature-coupled amplifiers. In the case of a failure in one of the amplifiers, the system can continue to operate using the redundant amplifier. If both amplifiers are lost the system will function in a bypass mode.
The TTA system features gain flatness across the band typically less than 0.5 dB, third order intermodulation of greater than +13dBm, noise figure of typically less than 2.5dB, and a high-performance preselector filter. This gives radio system operators the confidence knowing their mission-critical networks will reliably operate with resilient connections and higher quality audio, especially in congested environments.
A complete, receive signal tower top amplifier system designed for 700 and 800 MHz communication networks.
The compact TTA units measure approximately 9 x 6.8 x 2 inches (229 x 173 x 51 mm) and weigh less than 3.6kg (8 lb.). The space saving 1RU rack-mounted control units have model options with eight output ports, expandable to either 16 or 32 ports using optional expansion kits.
For more information on electrical and mechanical specifications please contact Filtronic today.
Popular news, articles and white papers
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- Filtronic cements position in LEO market with a new follow-on contract for Cerus 32
- Filtronic awarded £4.5 million contract with BAE Systems
- Filtronic wins a new radar contract from Defence Prime
- Filtronic strengthens its position within the E-band low Earth orbit market with second-generation Cerus 32 power module
- Filtronic releases highest power (>20W), commercially available E-band solid-state power amplifier (SSPA) on the market
- Filtronic wins “Manufacturer of the Year” at the prestigious annual Elektra Awards
- UK RF manufacturer contributes to ‘fibre-in-the-sky’ low Earth orbit network
- Hercules takes off in markets with a need for speed.
- Scaling up semiconductor manufacturing for new-space applications
- Filtronic secures second ESA project in six months.
- Filtronic win major contract with European Space Agency’s ARTES programme.
- Filtronic strengthens sales partner network
- RF technology leader adds new service to portfolio
- Filtronic wins the Innovative Supplier Collaboration Award by Leonardo
- RF specialist selected for Defence Technology Exploitation Programme.
- Designing for the future
- A close shave: 5G to the rescue
- 48 port tower top amplifier expands “best in class” critical communications solution.
- Filtronic continues penetration of Low Earth Orbit market, with new contract win.