By proactively working with its leading OEM client, Filtronic was able to meet its business objective of re-shoring critical product assembly and supply chain back to the USA to improve equipment lead times. Filtronic successfully re-located manufacturing of the finished product from its offshore facility to its established operations in Salisbury, Maryland. Utilising its experience, local knowledge and a cloud-based Manufacturing Execution System (MES) platform, this complex transition was managed smoothly, effectively and efficiently.
- Successfully commissioned a full US-based assembly facility.
- Achieved client’s quality standards.
- Passed an extensive and rigorous customer audit.
- Full expedited re-certification.
Within the customers target timeframe
- Entire re-shoring operation delivered within the clients time frame of <6 mths.
- Implemented product and process improvements, improving workflow and logistics
- Significant reduction in lead time.
- Re-located manufacturing of the finished product.
- Fulfilling all the key customer’s requirements during the transition.
- Complex transition was managed smoothly, effectively and efficiently.