Fully automated hybrid manufacturing.
Filtronic provide cost effective, high quality hybrid assembly and manufacturing services to a range of sectors including telecommunications infrastructure. We are specialists in maximising performance, system integration, value engineering and thermal management.
We have the capacity, experience and the expertise to design and manufacture high performance RF products at Microwave and mmWave. We are equally comfortable manufacturing to a customer’s design, as we are designing and manufacturing our own high-performance products. Alternatively, we love working with our clients, fusing their core competencies with ours to optimise their original design.
At Sedgefield, we complement our manufacturing process with a range of fully automated epoxy dispensers. Featuring single or dual dispensing head for optimal convenience and speed, these machines provide a highly adaptable solution that connects perfectly to our die attach. Their X-Y-Z motion system is capable of accurate dispensing to 15 microns with reliable precision of 3 sigma.
We also have a range of Die attach machines that provide incredible precision of up to +/-10 microns at 3 sigma. We have dedicated one machine for R&D purposes to help increase efficiency, and our machines can work with a variety of packaging, from Gel packs and waffles packs to Reels and wafers. Additionally, we have two production lines for high-mix product assembly with die sizes from 0.17mm to 50mm, making the rapid assembly of multi-chip modules possible.
Our state-of-the-art auto-bonding machines guarantees an impressive degree of reliability and efficiency. With a bond placement accuracy of +/- 2 microns at 3 sigma, it is suitable to bond 15 micron wire, up to 50 micron wire. This gives us the capability to bond onto pads as small as 31microns.
Featured products for space
Popular news, articles and white papers
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- Filtronic releases highest power (>20W), commercially available E-band solid-state power amplifier (SSPA) on the market
- UK RF manufacturer contributes to ‘fibre-in-the-sky’ low Earth orbit network
- Hercules takes off in markets with a need for speed.
- Filtronic strengthens sales partner network
- Scaling up semiconductor manufacturing for new-space applications
- RF technology leader adds new service to portfolio
- Filtronic secures second ESA project in six months.
- Filtronic wins the Innovative Supplier Collaboration Award by Leonardo
- 48 port Tower Top Amplifier expands “best in class” Critical Communications solution.
- RF specialist selected for Defence Technology Exploitation Programme.
- Filtronic win major contract with European Space Agency’s ARTES programme.
- Filtronic continues penetration of Low Earth Orbit market, with new contract win.
- Empowering 5G mobile backhaul with spectral efficiency.
- Filtronic Management Accountant Tim Hargreaves achieves global top 10 result in CIMA exam.
- Breakthrough E-Band amplifier redefines wireless SatCom ground station communications.
- Filtronic welcomes Department for Science, Innovation and Technology (DSIT) Minister to its award-winning facility.
- Cutting-edge mmWave solutions at European Microwave Exhibition.
- New E-band products push performance barriers even further.
- Unleashing unparalleled performance in E-Band communications.