Our customer had limited space to run the additional coax cables required to transport the GPS signal from the base station to the antenna. Filtronic leveraged its filter design experience to develop a combiner that utilised the existing telecom coax, with minimal addition to the GPS noise figure. With its small size, low loss, and transparent operation, the PXC021 GPS/Cellular Combiner is an effective means to combine GPS L1 & L2 carriers with a wide spectrum range of other RF frequencies.
- Developed a combiner which utilised existing telecom coax.
- Created a versatile, low-cost method to transport the GPS signals from the base station to the antenna.
- No additional long cable runs.
- Minimal addition to GPS system noise figure.
- Transported the GPS signals efficiently and reduced cost.
- Streamlining the combiner, combining all cellular/LTE frequencies and both GPS bands.
- Excellent cellular to GPS isolation (>55 dB).
- Our client is a Tier 1 provider of fibre and neutral host tower and site solutions.
- GPS timing solution for in-building distributed antenna systems.
- Limited space available to run additional coax cable through vertical risers.