We maintained our customers’ market position by working agilely, even when their supply chain was severely disrupted. Value engineering component choices, such as surface-mounted coaxial connectors, helped Filtronic deliver an E-Band transceiver solution on time and at a lower cost. In addition, we implemented improved design approaches, including circuit optimisation, to mitigate chipset variability.
- Rapidly designed to meet existing physical footprint and interface requirements.
- Applied our client’s own E-band chip set.
- Design to launch was approx. 6 months.
- Product was launched straight into production with high yield.
- High yield minimised impact, reduced their costs to transfer.
- Imposed much needed quality controls into the client’s supply chain.
- Mitigated raw material variation risks (vastly reducing the cost of quality) and quickly ramped the product, minimising supply impact to our client’s end customers.
- A USA E-band radio specialist specialising in enterprise markets such as private/campus networks and high frequency trading.
- Their existing supply chain was disrupted when their prime supplier went out of business.