Filtronic have expertise in developing high performance transceivers across a full range of frequency bands. We have particular expertise in mmWave where we have developed the world’s first 40Gbps stratosphere-to-ground link and the worlds first 10Gbps transceiver applied in trackside to train demonstration links.
In RF a transceiver combines the transmit and receive functions of a radio. Combining both functions reduces manufacturing costs and reduces size and weight. Transceivers are used in a variety of applications but Filtronics experience is predominantly in Telecommunications, Critical Communication and Satellite Communications
Transceivers key facts
- Cost-effective, carrier-class multi-gigabit connectivity for mobile backhaul networks
- Flexible channel widths from 62.5MHz up to 2000MHz
- Proven experience with high reliability and low cost
- Low noise receivers
- High power linear transmitters
- Fully calibrated transmit/receive systems (plug and play)
- Multiple further options available, integrated features including RSSI, TX power correction, local oscillator power correction.
- Bespoke form factors
Get a quotation or ask a question
Get in touch and a member of our technical sales team will be able to give you a personalised quotation
We supply device-agnostic Microwave and mmWave transceivers, offering high-performance, competitively priced modules that significantly reduce client time to market. Our ultra-high-capacity E-band (71-76 and 81-86 GHz) mmWave transceivers are designed to deliver cost-effective, carrier-class multi-gigabit connectivity for mobile backhaul networks.
Operating in the lightly licensed 71-76 and 81-86 GHz mmWave bands, our product’s high linearity transmit and receive chains and low phase noise local oscillators support spectrally efficient, high-level adaptive modulation which, together with automatic Tx power and Rx gain control, enable carrier-class performance to be maintained during the most challenging link fade conditions. Flexible channel widths from 62.5MHz up to 2000MHz can be accommodated in accordance with CEPT / ECC / Recommendation 05-07 facilitating operation at data rates up to 10Gbps per channel.
Utilising custom MMIC’s, the mmWave transceiver module is produced using Filtronic’s unique high-capacity fully automated chip-and-wire manufacturing technology. This offers customers the benefits of high reliability and low cost. Our self-contained, fully integrated module features baseband Tx/Rx inputs/outputs, integrated diplexer, frequency synthesis and an embedded microprocessor which takes care of all gain adjustments and frequency controls for simple integration into OEM Outdoor Units.
Popular news, articles and white papers
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- Filtronic cements position in LEO market with a new follow-on contract for Cerus 32
- Filtronic awarded £4.5 million contract with BAE Systems
- Filtronic wins a new radar contract from Defence Prime
- Filtronic strengthens its position within the E-band low Earth orbit market with second-generation Cerus 32 power module
- Filtronic releases highest power (>20W), commercially available E-band solid-state power amplifier (SSPA) on the market
- Filtronic wins “Manufacturer of the Year” at the prestigious annual Elektra Awards
- UK RF manufacturer contributes to ‘fibre-in-the-sky’ low Earth orbit network
- Hercules takes off in markets with a need for speed.
- Scaling up semiconductor manufacturing for new-space applications
- Filtronic secures second ESA project in six months.
- Filtronic win major contract with European Space Agency’s ARTES programme.
- Filtronic strengthens sales partner network
- RF technology leader adds new service to portfolio
- Filtronic wins the Innovative Supplier Collaboration Award by Leonardo
- RF specialist selected for Defence Technology Exploitation Programme.
- Designing for the future
- A close shave: 5G to the rescue
- 48 port tower top amplifier expands “best in class” critical communications solution.
- Filtronic continues penetration of Low Earth Orbit market, with new contract win.