A turn-key solution for ultra-high-capacity macro cell backhaul and fronthaul. The Orpheus is a high performance ODU-ready E-band transceiver.
When fiber is limited, or unavailable, a point-to-point microwave radio link using E-Band represents the ideal solution. E-Band supports transmission of high-speed data over short distances. Orpheus is a high performance ODU-Ready E-Band Transceiver with fully integrated 71-76 GHz and 81-86 GHz modules. It has been developed as a turn-key solution for ultra-high capacity macro cell backhaul and fronthaul for C-RAN (Centralized Radio Access networks). Each module contains all the transmit and receive functions necessary for the RF section of an E-band link and provides a simple connection to a high data rate full duplex modem. The integrated diplexer connects directly to an antenna of choice via a standard WR12 interface. Internal, low phase noise VCOs are settable via an SPI interface in 31.25 MHz steps to support ECC/ITU channel arrangements.
Orpheus key facts
- High performance ODU-ready E-band transceiver
- Spectrally efficient modulation
- 10Gbps capable
- Field proven technology
Get a quotation or ask a question
Get in touch and a member of our technical sales team will be able to give you a personalised quotation
- Fully integrated 71-76GHz and 81-86GHz modules.
- High Tx output power
- Up to 2GHz baseband bandwidth
- Low phase noise – 112dBc/Hz at 1MHz
- Supports 256QAM modulation.
- Integrated diplexer
- Single T/R port for antenna interface.
- Single connector modem interface
- 100% tested – ODU ready
- Small form factor
- Highly linear Rx and Tx
10Gbps capable, ideal for use in high-speed mobile backhaul networks for services such as LTE-Advanced and 5G.
Easy Entry to E-band Market for OEMs
- Orpheus modules are designed for easy incorporation into ODUs for rapid time to market with minimal customer engineering resource.
- Low technical risk, with >50,000 Filtronic mmWave transceivers deployed.
- Minimal up-front investment for OEMs, eliminating the need for investment in mmWave expertise, or mmWave test development.
Cost Competitive Solution
Filtronic investment in proprietary MMICs, provides high performance parts at foundry level pricing. Our cost reduction roadmap will maintain market beating price; reducing the cost per Mbps of mmWave backhaul radio links.
Popular news, articles and white papers
- RF specialist selected for Defence Technology Exploitation Programme.
- Filtronic win major contract with European Space Agency’s ARTES programme.
- Filtronic continues penetration of Low Earth Orbit market, with new contract win.
- Empowering 5G mobile backhaul with spectral efficiency.
- Filtronic welcomes Department for Science, Innovation and Technology (DSIT) Minister to its award-winning facility.
- Filtronic Management Accountant Tim Hargreaves achieves global top 10 result in CIMA exam.
- Breakthrough E-Band amplifier redefines wireless SatCom ground station communications.
- Unleashing unparalleled performance in E-Band communications.
- Cutting-edge mmWave solutions at European Microwave Exhibition.
- New E-band products push performance barriers even further.
- RF technology specialist increases its frontline business development team
- Moving up in frequency – why D-band is the next frontier for XHaul
- Filtronic awarded IASME Governance Gold certification
- Pushing the boundaries in LEO applications – Filtronic expands presence in satellite communications market
- Filtronic plans attendance at six global exhibitions
- Filtronic returns to AOC Europe to showcase it’s complex integrated RF subsystems and filter technologies
- Filtronic strengthens its engineering team and opens new design centre in Manchester
- Why trust is the cornerstone of successful collaboration
- How E-band spectrum offers new 5G opportunities in India
- 5G interference at C-band – what are the potential problems, and how might they be mitigated?