Time was critical in this instance, as it addressed an issue that could be imminent and if it did become an issue the disruption would have been significant and far-reaching. There was a real concern that LTE could interfere with terrestrial TV. To mitigate the risk, Filtronic developed a customised digital tv filter rapidly that could be installed locally by the user. The production ramp on this was from zero to >30k units per week in less than 4 weeks. Due to the experience of our engineering team, we were able to meet a design window of a couple of months for all variants (6 products in total).
- Product developed to be able to be sent via standard post and installed locally by the user.
- Product ramped up within 3-4 weeks from nothing to >30k units per week.
- Developed low loss product
- Filtronic were the only company to meet all the product specs (indoor, outdoor and communal).
- Manufactured >1.8m in < year.
- LTE could potentially interfere with terrestrial tv band.
- To mitigate the perceived risk the filter could be rapidly deployed country wide.