Location: Sedgefield, UK
Filtronic Broadband Ltd is a specialist Radio Frequency (RF) engineering business which designs, manufactures and supplies a high quality, innovative range of mmWave transceiver products & solutions, for applications in mobile telecommunications infrastructure, critical (Public Safety) communications infrastructure and Defence applications.
We design, develop, manufacture, test and market a range of our own leading-edge performance transceiver products across the full range of micro-wave and mmWave, as well as providing bespoke design to manufacture services to leading Global OEM clients. In addition, we provide full contract manufacturing & packaging services to a number of key international clients.
We are seeking a Manufacturing Systems Process Development Engineer (SiP, RF, Microelectronics) to join our growing manufacturing operations team.
You will be responsible for leading packaging assembly technology development across the business, to enhance our package design capability, to deliver advanced, integrated SiP solutions.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for researching, defining, and development of SiP (System in Package) Module packaging technologies.
- Responsible for defining package process flow, material set, test vehicle, DOEs, process control plans to successfully develop manufacturable and reliable SIP/Module products.
- Liaison with suppliers in developing technology related to SiP product requirements.
- Work with wider Engineering teams to drive DFM methodology for new technologies.
- Work with engineering design, test and procurement teams to ensure both quality and performance of SiP solutions.
- Demonstrable experience of semiconductor / compound semiconductor package manufacturing processes including, Substrate manufacturing, SIP/modules, wafer bumping, flip-chip, wire-bond, Underfill, SMT and other packaging technologies.
- Expert in materials characterization and analysis, DOE, reliability standards and FA techniques.
- Expertise in fine pitch Bump/Packaging/Assembly technology
- Familiar with Heterogeneous Integration Technology, Flip-Chip (FC) and micro BGA package substrate technologies.
- Familiarity with thermal design and simulation
- Good working knowledge of Eutectic solder processes
- Understanding industry packaging trends, and end-user packaging considerations
- Knowledge of reliability test methods and qualification procedure.
- Problem solving skills
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Materials Science/Electrical Engineering/Chemical/Mechanical Engineering