Location: Leeds, UK
Filtronic is looking for an RF/Microwave Subsystem Engineer to join our team to help to specify, design and test cutting-edge RF subsystems for integration into complex technical products.
With a wide range of design tools and other experienced engineers you will be able to develop your own skills and experience designing new products as part of the Filtronic team.
Our products range from low volume niche opportunity devices to high volume telecommunication, Public Safety and defence equipment.
Purpose of Role
To design and develop RF/Microwave subsystems for telecommunication, Public Safety and defence applications. The candidate should have experience in specifying and designing components to be used in systems typically over the frequency range 300MHz to 30GHz.
The candidate will be expected to have sufficient technical and personal skills to be capable of taking a technical lead and be able to liaise directly with the end customer.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Technical interfacing with customers and suppliers.
- Knowledge of Analogue and Digital wireless communication systems for both commercial and defence.
- Good understanding or RF principles and theory for a multitude of different components and systems.
- Ensure System Requirements are fully defined, calculated and documented.
- Identify key requirements and critical design features.
- Use of RF test equipment to measure and evaluate component and system performance in accordance to system requirements.
- Thermal, Power, MTBF and derating analysis for reporting in line with company/customer requirements.
- Ability to take ownership of a project from concept through to design and prototype stages to produce a production ready product.
- The compilation and checking of design documentation, example: design logbooks, data packs, peer review etc.
- To mentor and support other staff in their continual development.
- Relevant Degree (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering or related field.
- Demonstrable experience of microwave circuit/system design including line-up analyses, tolerance/yield analysis and DFM.
- Practical knowledge of test and measurement.
- Experience using RF design tools including Microwave Office, 3D FEM software and ADS.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, including the ability to present concepts clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Willing to travel occasionally both domestic and international.
- Ability to pass UK clearance to SC level.