Careers / Project Manager
A new position has become available within the UK working as a Project Manager.
Initiation, planning, execution, control and closure of all assigned NPI and process improvement projects, employing methods that ensure effective cross-functional communication of project requirements, risk and status at all times.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Responsible for planning, executing, controlling and closing all assigned projects; including planning to support RFQs.
• Authority for overall management, planning, coordination and execution of all assigned projects ensuring that all contractual and commercial obligations are met on time and in full.
• Responsible for controlling project scope (both internal and external influences)
• Responsible for defining, monitoring and controlling the project budget (resource/equipment/materials costs).
• Joint responsibility for product quality, reliability and safety (as per QA dept).
• Responsible for project resource planning and task assignment via work-packages
• Joint responsibility for achieving product cost targets (together with engineering team leader assigned to the project).
• Ensure that the NPI procedure and design control procedures are followed at all times.
• Preparation and delivery of project launches (definition of project scope/team, product scope, responsibilities and deliverables).
• Preparation and delivery of effective Tollgates.
• Preparation and maintenance of the project schedule and milestone plans (internal and external).
• Preparation and maintenance of project risk register via effective risk identification and risk response planning.
• Chair regular project meetings and maintain project action lists (daily/weekly as appropriate).
• Chair customer conference calls and maintain associated action lists.
• Main point of contact with customer Project Management representative for assigned projects.
• Host and attend customer & supplier visits as required.
• Establish and maintain close liaison with all areas of the business and supply chain associated with assigned projects.
• To undertake and achieve all other tasks as directed by the Engineering Manager/Site Lead or other members of the Senior Management Team.
• Excellent communicator; internal/external.
• Effective planner; inter dept/inter-company/supplier wide.
• Organised; requires effective organisational skills with respect to information management and project plan execution.
• Skilled people motivator and negotiator; internal/external including customer.
• Technically competent; able to review and challenge design decisions.
• Able to demonstrate; task ownership, commitment, initiative and flexibility as per Company’s needs.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• Proven project management skills, with the ability to develop resource plans, schedules, risk registers and project budgets.
• Must be a highly motivated individual able to interface effectively with internal & external customers.
• Sound understanding of modern project management methodologies, specifically relating to requirements capture/ management and scope definition/ control.
• Industry recognised Project Management certification such as Prince 2, PMP, APM
• Able to demonstrate negotiation/ persuasion skills with internal and external resources.
• Totally flexible with regard to working hours and able to travel when needed both nationally and internationally.
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office products: Project/Excel/Word/ PowerPoint – for the creation of project plans and reports.
• Would ideally suit a graduate with 3 years post qualification experience
*The successful candidate must achieve the relevant security clearance to undertake this role