Location: Salisbury, MD, USA
Group Operations Director
Filtronic is an international supplier of RF Filters, advanced antennas and high frequency transceivers to the mobile telecommunications, defence and aerospace markets.
Core activities of Filtronic are design and development of custom RF filters, combiners, integrated ultra wide band (UWB) antennas and E-band transceiver modules for the mobile telecommunications market, in conjunction with hi-reliability filters and high frequency transceivers for the aerospace and defence industry.
Purpose of Role
You will work closely with the Group Operations Director (who is UK based) and will have full site responsibility and accountability for prioritizing orders, order processing, purchasing, and liaising with production to agree schedules. Additional focus areas include driving productivity, efficiency and lean practices, as well as financial and performance reporting.
Summary of Responsibilities
- The Operations Manager will have responsibility for supply chain management, warehousing, stores, customer liaison and agreeing deliverables with production.
- Work in collaboration (cross-departmental and location) to support all activities across customer service, production, engineering, operations, shipping and receiving and warehouse activities.
- The Operations Manager will be expected to be fully aware of the product lifecycle from design completion to delivery to manage mitigate risks to delivery schedules.
- The Operations Manager will ensure that production planning is aligned to store inventory, stock levels and the management of other resources to ensure that Filtronic can deliver on time, in full.
- The Operations Manager will ensure that the methods and procedures used comply with our quality management system.
- The Operations Manager will be expected to have a complete understanding of the cost of production batchbuilt products and projects of considerable complexity and will contribute to major bids.
- Effective liaison with the other departments including Production, Finance, Engineering, Systems and IT, Commercial and HR.
- This role will be responsible for ensuring that the relevant procurement and supply chain is in place to support customer deliverables.
- Support the maintenance of company standards for quality, and work within ISO processes and lean initiatives.
- Ensure that the site complies with all EH&S requirements.
- Deal with any escalations from customers.
- Assist with production account administrative tasks in their absence.
- Ensure that the site is facilitated and managed accordingly to deliver customer requirements, ensure the safety and comfort of staff and adhere to all legislative requirements.
- Ensure staff have the relevant training and skills to enable multi-tasking and avoid any single point failure.
- A proven record of success in operations management, including supply chain, warehousing and logistics.
- At least two years’ senior level experience of people and resource management.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in an engineering/management discipline or a professional qualification.
- A background in RF, electronic volume production or telecoms.
- A thorough understanding of the principles and application of lean methodologies.
- Experience in managing and reporting costs and managing budgets.
- Interpersonal and presentation skills with an appreciation of the demands of conflicting interests and of meeting statutory requirements.
- A very high level of commercial awareness.
- Comfortable dealing at an executive level internally and externally in a multi-site, culturally diverse environment.