Location: Leeds, UK
Filtronic is looking for a Mechanical Designer to join our team to work on a range of exciting products. Our products range from low volume niche opportunity devices to high volume telecommunication, Public Safety and defence equipment.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic growing team focused on developing a wide range of products.
Purpose of Role
To support Engineering in the mechanical design of our next generation of Filters and RF Subsystems.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility is creating models and drawings, in a timely manner, for machined, punched, cast, or folded parts using Solidworks, sometimes based on input provided by the RF engineer.
- Take ownership of all mechanical aspects of designs from initial concept through to manufacture.
- Responsible for the management and control of engineering drawings and document in accordance with Drawing Office standards and methods.
- Management of changes through the ECN procedures.
- Drawings according to ISO standards.
- Contribute to design reviews as part of company ISO process.
- Design of jigs and fixtures.
- Liaising with suppliers regarding design for manufacture.
- Provide production support when necessary.
- 2D and 3D Solid modelling experience (Solidworks preferred).
- Experience of mechanical design for RF, Electronics or similar environment.
- A knowledge of designing parts that are suitable for casting would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Strong listening and problem-solving skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Willing to travel occasionally (domestic and international travel).
- Ability to pass UK clearance to SC level.