Location: Sedgefield, UK
A new position has become available within the UK working as a Marketing Manager.
The goal of marketing is to raise awareness that can drive sales for a company, service or product. At Filtronic, the Marketing function needs to transform from an administrative function to an effective business tool, providing Market Analytics, Trend Analysis, Competitor Profiling and Opportunity Assessment in order to provide directional guidance to support our strategic sales development. The Marketing Manager will collaborate with the Sales Team to strategize and implement marketing, branding and advertising plans.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Provide market intelligence to the sales team and track competitor activity by keeping abreast of market changes and the marketing mix used by competitors.
- Analyse external markets to assess opportunities for growth
- Leading group marketing efforts to support business growth through brand developments lead development and acquisition.
- Accomplished in the analysis and interpretation of business analytics to suggest and drive marketing strategic goals
- Lead direction of and manage the Group’s website including maintenance and development of web analytics and reports including monitoring and improving SEO
- Creation and execution of an effective marketing plan including impactful product launches
- Increase employer branding through relevant marketing activities
Plus other ad hoc marketing support tasks of:
- Support sales and marketing team members with day to day marketing tasks and coordinating marketing projects and activities as required.
- Support business unit sales teams by developing, co-ordinating and collating content including datasheets, catalogues, brochures, digital content and copywriting
- Manage the group’s Social Media presence including Twitter, LinkedIn et al. and analysing customer feedback from social media platforms
- Managing budgets for marketing campaigns and evaluating their effectiveness
- Handling the outsourcing of production artwork, sourcing images, print buying and checking copy.
- Managing company participation in tradeshows, exhibitions, conferences, workshops and seminars.
The successful candidate will need to satisfy the following requirements:
- Experience with identifying and forming effective co-marketing relationships (e.g. with vendors, customers and other partners) for mutual business benefit
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) with 5 years plus experience in a Marketing manager role
- Professional CIM status.
- Demonstrable understanding of high technology RF products
- Excellent command of written English with copy accuracy.