Location: Sedgefield, UK
Full responsibility for proactive business development, sales, and management of client relationships in exciting new business sectors with significant growth opportunity. Responsible for bid submission and negotiating commercial aspects for optimum terms and conditions. Work to improve Group market position and achieve financial growth via sales generation. Build key client relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate, and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions. The candidate will be joining and experienced team, with world class engineering support all based in the UK.
- Work with the internal teams to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue.
- Pursue new prospects, lead and manage them through the sales process
- Grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
- Participate in the commercial aspects to bring the product, solution, or service to market.
- Present new products and services to prospects and clients.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to address client needs.
- Arrange and participate in, internal and external client debriefs.
- Attend industry functions, such as association trade events and conferences.
- Collect and share leads with Marketing whilst providing information on market trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior-level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Submit weekly progress reports and manage CRM data.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and sales channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
Skills/Attributes & Experience:
- Selling RF and Electronic subsystem solutions to the Aerospace and Defence industry at Tier 1
- Extensive experience of leading new business activity within RF electronics or semiconductors.
- Understanding of Tier 2 defence contractors and associated suppliers.
- Convey up to date competitor and market intelligence to influence new product development.
- Experience in the RF market DC to mmWave. Applications ranging from Critical comms, EW, Advanced weapons for land air and sea applications.
- Knowledge of UK defence procurement process and DEFCON standards.
- Capable of applying a pragmatic business approach to key technical and operational decisions.
- Technically competent, financially, and commercially astute.
- Experience of forecasting and delivering orders addressing any deviations from budget.
- Gravitas and strong interpersonal skills.
- A strong commitment to customer service
- Ability to grasp new product knowledge quickly to align benefits to a prospect’s need.
- Ability to interface confidently with all clients using demonstrated communication and presentation skills.
- Expertise in commercial and contract negotiation
- Minimum degree qualified (or equivalent) in a related field
- This position will require Security clearance