Leeds, UK /
Sedgefield, UK /
A new position has become available within the UK working as a Project Manager.
Initiation, planning, execution, control and closure of all assigned New Product Introduction (NPI) and process improvement projects, employing methods that ensure effective cross-functional communication of project requirements, risk and status at all times.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning, executing, controlling and closing all assigned projects; including planning to support RFQs.
- Authority for the overall management, planning, coordination and execution of all assigned projects ensuring that all contractual and commercial obligations are met on time and in full.
- Responsible for controlling project scope (both internal and external influences).
- Responsible for defining, monitoring and controlling the project budget (resource/equipment/materials costs).
- Joint responsibility for product quality, reliability and safety (as per QA Department).
- Responsible for project resource planning and task assignment via work-packages.
- Joint responsibility for achieving product cost targets (together with the Engineering Team Leader assigned to the project).
- Ensure that the NPI procedure and design control procedures are followed at all times.
- Preparation and delivery of project launches (definition of project scope/team, product scope, responsibilities and deliverables).
- Preparation and delivery of effective Tollgates.
- Preparation and maintenance of the project schedule and milestone plans (internal and external).
- Preparation and maintenance of project risk register via effective risk identification and risk response planning.
- Chair regular project meetings and maintain project action lists (daily/weekly as appropriate).
- Chair customer conference calls and maintain associated action lists.
- Main point of contact with customer project management representative for assigned projects.
- Host and attend customer and supplier visits as required.
- Establish and maintain close liaison with all areas of the business and supply chain associated with assigned projects.
- To undertake and achieve all other tasks as directed by the Engineering Manager/Site Lead or other members of the Senior Management Team.
- Excellent communicator; internal/external.
- Effective planner; inter-department/inter-company/supplier-wide.
- Organised; requires effective organisational skills with respect to information management and project plan execution.