Location: Salisbury, MD, USA
This is a telecommuting role where the candidate works outside the primary US (Salisbury, MD) office. The candidate should reside within 1 hour of a major international airport as there will be frequent business travel.
Preferred applicants should be located in one of the following metropolitan locations: Chicago; New York; Boston; Philadelphia; Washington, D.C.; Atlanta; Orlando; Miami or Charlotte.
Purpose of Role
Create and manage a successful sales channel for North America to complement our direct sales endeavours. Support the expansion of our North American customer base and help manage day-to-day sales for one of our marquee accounts. High Level Role Requirements Identify, contact, qualify, sign-up and manage channel sales partners to increase revenue/brand recognition. Take a leadership role to identify new and profitable solutions for the markets we serve. Manage the day-to-day business partners aligned with our marquee account.
Summary of Responsibilities
Develop Channel Sales
- Design and implement channel marketing plans to reach revenue goals.
- Recruit and sign-up qualified channel sales partners aimed to increase our brand, forecasted sales and revenue targets.
- Accountable for all communications of channel activities with resellers/affiliate partners.
- Monitor affiliate partners’ performance and manage poorly performing centres out of the business.
Identify New Business Opportunities
- Gather current market trends, design features and competitive intelligence to inform the organization of key features which can improve the marketability of Filtronic’s product line.
- Expand our client base (new logos) with established communications OEMs.
- Review bid specifications with Engineering, business partners and end-users to position Filtronic’s product portfolio.
Key Client Support
- Be the “voice of the client” back into the organisation highlighting success and opportunities for improvement at all levels.
- Interview prospects and clients and identify cross-selling opportunities within markets we serve.
- Address client service issues as raised by channel partners; notify leadership of any challenges impeding success; prepare recommendations together with a plan to address the issue.
- Contribute ideas to the “go-to-market” plans to improve the market share of the company.
- Support the organization via participation at trade events, conferences and exhibitions.
- Provide recommendations and feedback to Marketing regarding lead generation activities.
- Participate in launch of new products; deliver external presentations to the market focused on the product value proposition including the feature and benefit distinctions.
The Successful Candidate must Satisfy the Following Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years’ working within the telecommunications industry.
- Experience in technical sales or channel sales management in a high-tech market.
- Collegiate degree (B.A. or B.S) in business, engineering or 15+ years sales experience in a relevant industry.
- The candidate must have detailed knowledge of the sales process and attended formal sales training.
- Good understanding of the application of RF conditioning systems including wireless voice, data and networks.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional presentation and account management skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office 365 suite of products including SharePoint.
- Maintain a results-focused, entrepreneurial spirit while working in a dynamic environment in which they will often be called upon to engage and communicate with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams.