Location: Salisbury, MD, USA
This is a telecommuting role where the candidate works outside the primary US (Salisbury, MD) office. The candidate should reside within 1 hour of a major international airport as there will be frequent business travel.
Preferred applicants should be located in one of the following metropolitan locations: Chicago; New York; Boston; Philadelphia; Washington, D.C.; Atlanta; Orlando; Miami or Charlotte.
Purpose of Role
Support the Sales/Marketing organization by providing solution recommendations leveraging Filtronic’s product portfolio. Provide technical support for pre- and post-sales opportunities. Assist Sales by evaluating the application of company products and services to meet customer needs.
High Level Role Requirements
Filtronic is looking for a self-starting, results-driven, and highly motivated Field Sales Engineer that will be an integral part of the organization and will assist the Sales team with pre-sales technical knowledge, presentations, and thought leadership.
Health and Safety
- Provide application and technical pre- and post-sales support to the Sales and Marketing team, business partners, and end-users.
- Support Sales, Marketing and Partners concerning the application, installation and general use of Filtronic’s products.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate Filtronic products and services to customers on-site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Assist the Sales team in customer early stage engagements: provide subject matter expertise, identify customer needs/market trends and maintain Domain/Market specific analyses.
- Contribute to overall efforts responding to RFXs by gathering technical compliance statements and positioning the best suited Filtronic product as per the Tender specifications.
- Respond to customer technical inquiries concerning product selection, performance, application use case.
- Contribute to product literature lifecycle management by identifying inconsistencies and errors.
- Present relevant technical assessments on competitive products to showcase the features and benefits of Filtronic products.
- Support product launches by presenting our current and potential clients the technical distinction of Filtronic’s product and the value proposition.
The Successful Candidate will Satisfy the Following Requirements
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working within the telecommunications industry.
- B.S.E.E. (Electrical Engineering) or equivalent US Military experience working in a telecommunications discipline.
- Strong knowledge of wireless communications fundamentals and voice/data architectures – both public and private (e.g. APCO P25, LTE, 802.11, 3G/4G) is highly desirable.
- Experience designing networks RF system-level components such as filters, combiners and antennas.
- Good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office 365 suite of products including SharePoint.
- Maintain a results-focused, entrepreneurial spirt while working in a dynamic environment in which they will often be called upon to engage and communicate with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams.