Location: Leeds, UK
Filtronic is looking for an Engineering Technician to join our team to work on a range of exciting products. Our products range from low volume niche opportunity devices to high volume telecommunication, Public Safety and defence equipment.
There is an opportunity to join a dynamic, growing team focused on developing a wide range of products.
Purpose of Role
Assembly, Alignment and Test of prototype, qualification and small production quantities of Filters and RF subsystems.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Mechanical assembly of Filters and RF subsystems.
- Alignment and test of Filters and RF subsystems, as instructed by engineering.
- Defining test sequences using in-house test software.
- Fully document build instructions and collate test results.
- Qualification of products against documented test plans.
- Electronic integration assembly.
- Any other reasonable activities involved with the business, as instructed.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s (C and above) including Maths and English (or equivalent).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a relevant field.
- An understanding of basic RF principles and familiarity with RF test equipment.
- RF/microwave mechanical assembly experience would be an advantage.
- Experience in automated testing of RF systems would be an advantage.
- Self-motivated and able to carry out tasks with a reasonable degree of independence.
- Willingness to learn and perform previously unfamiliar tasks related to test and alignment.
- Willing to travel occasionally (domestic and international travel).
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to pass UK clearance to SC level.