Location: Sedgefield, UK
A vacancy currently exists for a Diagnostic Technician. The purpose of this role is to diagnose failure modes, identifying and communicating rework action, and to identify corrective actions to improve the product yield.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Identifying faults in individual units.
- Identifying and communicating the rework action required to fix the individual units.
- Making recommendations to improve the yield for transceivers.
- Prioritising work load in accordance with output targets.
- Reviewing and analysing the yield data to determine trends and instigate corrective/preventative actions.
- Co-ordinating trials, yield data reviews and meetings.
- To work closely with and support the production and manufacturing engineering departments on current production and new product introduction.
- To be involved with data gathering and reporting as well as making recommendations in connection with process improvements and cost reductions.
- To review and update production documentation.
- To assist production in product testing, to meet daily targets.
- To liaise with the manufacturing engineering team to carry out failure mode and effects analysis.
- To ensure that the product meets the required build standard and to initiate improvements to the build process to achieve better yields.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in RF/Microwave Test in a production or development environment and will also be able to satisfy the following requirements
- Knowledge and practical experience in the use, setup and calibration of the following equipment; VNA, RF Synthesiser, Power Meter, Spectrum Analyser, DC Power Supplies.
- Good manual dexterity and hand to eye co-ordination.
- Experience in the use of the following software packages; Word, Excel.
- Experience in using computers for automated test.
- Good communication skills, as interfacing with many different work groups is essential.
- Disciplined approach to tasks set.
- Self-motivated to carry out defined tasks with a reasonable amount of independence.
- Eagerness to develop in technical knowledge.