Location: Sedgefield, UK
Filtronic is looking for a Continuous Improvement Manager to join our growing team. The successful candidate will drive improvement activities across production with the support of a team of Process Engineers.
Purpose of Role
- To drive significant improvements throughout the production function which increase capacity, efficiency, quality and on time delivery to customers.
- You will lead improvement activities, utilising lean manufacturing tools to identify improvement projects, quantify the potential benefits to the business and ensure that they deliver sustainable solutions.
- Management of Process Engineers, ensuring support for production in the delivery of immediate output targets while working on improvement projects which will provide benefits in the short and medium term.
- To ensure that all processes concerned with product manufacture conform to required standard, are correctly documented, all necessary documentation is in place and training is completed.
- Promote a continuous improvement culture throughout production by providing technical mentoring to the wider team, facilitating improvement events and promoting the appropriate use of LEAN tools.
- Define and monitor KPIs and process control, that measure the performance of production, including efficiency and product quality, and that can be used to quantify the impact of improvement projects.
- Lead improvement projects to deliver clear, quantifiable improvements.
- Manage the introduction of new processes, the installation, commissioning and sign off of capital equipment and the maintenance of all production equipment including PMs and services.
- Provide accurate and suitably detailed progress reports to the Product Engineering Manager so that issues and problems can be addressed in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of all equipment and processes within the manufacturing area.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering improvements and effective solutions while working in, leading and executing continuous improvement projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Systematic, analytical approach with ability to capture and analyse data to support improvement projects.
- Have excellent management and organisation skills with the ability to manage complex projects, prioritise activities and work to deadlines.
- Strong IT knowledge; Outlook, Excel, Word and basic SW/programming ability.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) with relevant process improvement methodology training/qualification i.e. Lean, Six Sigma, TQM, etc.
- Significant experience in managing a team including driving performance and setting objectives.
- Enhanced communication skills to enable effective participation in cross functional meetings, customer liaison, presentation and report writing.
- Enthusiastic and proactive. A positive attitude, with a flexible approach to working hours if needed.
- Ability to challenge the status quo in a constructive manner.